Georgian weapons and armor
Hello all,

So for those of you who don't know, I am know living in the country of Georgia. I will be posting pictures through this thread over the next 2 years I am living here, in order to help spread some more pictures of Georgian weapons and armor. Any requests for specific pictures or locations I will try to find (as I have the time). Also, any questions about the nation of Georgia in general, though those may not be appropriate for this forum.

Anyway, enjoy.

Pictures from the Museum in Borjomi.

Once my technical program are fixed.

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/drkguy3107/s...d%20armors

Last edited by Michael Curl on Fri 18 Jul, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Georgian weapons and armour
Alright, we'll wait for your pictures. ;)
Cool! Someday I might want to stay there for a while to teach English, learn the language, and enjoy the scenery. There are some programs for that.

Could you try to find any information on medieval Georgian equipment? All of the few Georgian arms and armor I've seen appear to come from the 17th to the 19th centuries.
anything from around the 9th 10th and 11th centuries for me as i am reenacting a byzantine trooper, if you see anything like, axeheads, swords, lamellar pieces, helmets, ANYTHING really. im really not fussed.
Awesome! I'm really interested as well!
OK, so you should all be able to view them now, though they are still unlabeled, and they aren't in the format that I want. I wanted to upload the images directly to myArmoury (from photo bucket) but I don't seem to know how to do that, any help would be appreciated.

Also, several photos didn't turn out like I wanted, but I can always go back and take some more.

Any questions about the images I have posted?
Michael Curl wrote:
OK, so you should all be able to view them now, though they are still unlabeled, and they aren't in the format that I want. I wanted to upload the images directly to myArmoury (from photo bucket) but I don't seem to know how to do that, any help would be appreciated.

Also, several photos didn't turn out like I wanted, but I can always go back and take some more.

Any questions about the images I have posted?

apologies, michael but i cant see any uploaded images, where can i access them?
photobucket.com my name is drkguy3107

It should be public, but I will work on it in the next few days. Peace corps service makes internet access a little rare.
Working on the problem now

Last edited by Michael Curl on Wed 30 Jul, 2014 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Finally solved my problems. OK, here are the pictures

A gorgeous bronze axe

Small bronze sword, probably all one piece.

Small bronze mace head

Bronze dagger or sword

Iron axe and dagger

Iron sword, axes, and spears

Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Is that a curved Kindjal? I thought they were usually straight blades. Really cool!!!
Sadly we are far to the east of my knowledge, is the kindjal the sword that is crossed with the saber? Yes it is curved, but not very much.
Thanks for doing this. It is a real service to bring some nice weapons out where more people can see them.

How big roughly are those bronze axes? Was there much information at the museum about them? Really neat bronze stuff there.
The bronze axe heads are about hand sized, maybe 5 inches from back to blade, though one was significantly thicker and larger. most of those axe heads were for trade I think, since bronze axe heads were used as trade goods for a while.
Georgian weapons and armour
Those bronze weapons are quite hard to find even in Georgia.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: