For Sale: Kevin Cashen Anduril
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This is a version of Anduril conceived by my brother, Joel, and made by Kevin Cashen. The sword blade is L6 steel. The pommel is made by Patrick Hastings and is a work of art itself. The handle is rayskin that has aged to a nice ivory color and is wrapped in twisted gold and silver wire. The scabbard was made by Kevin and the integrated belt fitting by Joel himself. The buckle and strap end of the belt are also custom pieces by Patrick Hastings. The stats on the sword itself are:
O.L. 47 1/4"
Blade Length: 36 1/4"
Handle Length: 8 1/2"
Pommel Height: 2 1/2"
Weight: 3 lbs 5oz
COB: 5 3/4" from the crossguard
COP: 22" from the cross

Please note that this sword was designed and made before the Lord of the Rings movies came out and is in no way an attempt to copy that fine sword. This is a completely one-off piece by Kevin and Patrick, two people who may never work together again on a project like this. Asking price is $3000 plus shipping.

Attachment: 47.9 KB
HandleandGuard.jpg

Attachment: 79.94 KB
Pommel.jpg

Attachment: 110.04 KB
IMG_8358.JPG

Attachment: 93.69 KB
IMG_8364.JPG

Feel Free

Please feel free to make an offer on this sword. I forgot to put that in the original post.
More Scabbard Detail

Here are some more details of the scabbard and the Patrick Hastings belt and strap end fittings.

Attachment: 106.77 KB
IMG_8390.JPG

Attachment: 89.27 KB
IMG_8391.JPG

Attachment: 98.32 KB
IMG_8392.JPG

Attachment: 93.94 KB
IMG_8393.JPG

Dismounting

The entire sword dismounted via a hex nut affixed inside the pommel. It's an ingenious design and Kevin even made me a special wrench to dismount it. Here is a pic of it dismounted. I apologize for the quality.

Attachment: 58.48 KB
Anduril Dismounted.jpg

Price Drop

Now $2800 + shipping in US This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. No other sword like this exists and none is likely to be produced.
Book Descritpion

“ The sword of Elendil was forged anew by Elvish smiths, and on its blade was traced a device of seven stars set between the crescent Moon and the rayed Sun, and about them was written many runes; for Aragorn, son of Arathorn was going to war upon the marches of Mordor. Very bright was that sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it, and the light of the moon shone cold, and its edge was hard and keen. And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it Andúril, Flame of the West. ”

–The Fellowship of the Ring, The Ring Goes South
Blade inscription

The inscription on the blade is as follows:

Anduril onnen o I Hathol o Narsil Crist o Elendal I Orchal
Anduril , made of the shards( pieces) of Narsil , sword of Elendil the Tall
Package Deal

I hate to beak up the set so if anyone wants Anduril at $2800+shipping I will throw in the Patrick Hastings Sting for free. It just doesn't seem right that these two should be apart since Patrick also made the wonderful pommel on Anduril. Again, Anduril and Stiing for $2800 + shipping.

Attachment: 90.75 KB
IMG_8408.JPG

Still Available

Christmas is coming and this would make a wonderful gift for the sword-collecting Tolkien fan. One again, this is a one-of-a-kind piece made by two master craftsmen who may never collaborate again. Asking price is still $2800 +shipping and I will throw in Sting.
PRICE BUMP

OK Anduril is now reduced to $2500 +shipping. Christmas is coming.
Bump

This piece is still available!
Back on the Market

Well a deal fell through and so Anduril is back on the market! Christmas is coming and this wonderful sword needs a good home.
Christmas Present

Still for sale and available for Christmas.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: