age and origin of my Breastplate
Please can anyone tell me anything about the breast and back plate I have
Breast plate
Having problems posting pictures of my breast and back plate I think they are 16th century but not sure. I have a few pictures but for some reason they will not attach ! Help needed ! !
Simon,
Please see here for info about attaching images: http://myArmoury.com/talk/faq.php?mode=attach .

If you're still having problems, please let us know what the error message is.
breastplate
picture is to big to many pixels I am computer illiterate will have to find out how reduce them ! I can send them by email no trouble so if anyone is interested email me burranlea@yahoo.co.uk
Try uploading it to a website called Imgur. Then just copy and paste the address at the top in the text.
Hello, if you e-mail the pictures to me at r.amirthalingam@unf.edu I can format them for you. Sounds like the file size is just too big, most cameras take large raw pictures that need to be compressed.

Alternatively follow Isaac's advice and upload them to imgur and post the link.
Ok, here are the pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/21Hpt

Your problem was that myArmoury's maximum upload size is 500 KB and your pictures ranged from 600 KB to as big as a MB. Instead of resizing them and risk losing some detail I went ahead and just uploaded them to imgur.
it looks like one of them Victorian reproduction.
It's a mid 17th Century pikeman's cuirasse. The tassets are missing. They will have looked much like the ones in this example.
[ Linked Image ]

I see no reason at all to doubt it's authenticity. The material looks right. The hammer marks look right. The style and shape look right. In addition, these armors are relatively common, and do not command high prices. As a result, they are not often faked.

An image search for pikeman's armor will bring up quite a few examples.

Mac
[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: