The albion maximillian review, whose going to write it?
So, albion has a few new swords of rather HUGE proportions. Now I can't buy one (money) nor could I even get one (overseas) but I am sure one of you fine fellows could. So....who will be the first to acquire and review one of this bad boys?
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=25760 is a thread that might be of interest.
This one might help ;)

http://www.sword-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16630
The only point I disagree with regarding the review are the comments on it's handling. I don't find the Maximillian to be a "Beast", in fact I'm always surprised at how well it handles every time I take it down from the wall. This is all relative of course, but I find the Maximilian to be quite dynamic in it's handling for a sword of it's size. It's one of my absolute favorites of the Albion line. I don't do reviews anymore but this one would get a great write up if I did.
I am going to order either the Maximilian or Tyrolean in the next week or so. Have been looking at both models for months and still cannot decide which one. I like the fittings on the Maximilian but also like the simplicity of the Tyrolean fittings.

Anyone physically seen a Tyrolean to give some perspective?
Completely subjective here, but I have a Maximilian and have handled the Tyrolean, and they definitely seem different in person. The Tyrolean grip is noticeably thicker/beefier, and the cross is also noticeably longer/wider. I rather like wide crosses, but the Tyrolean seemed a bit thin and stretched for me. It is a lovely sword, but the grip is just too thick and the furniture too 'pushed out' for my taste.
The wood and leather 'ricasso' cover is pretty excellent though. Super thin, and very cleanly made...
Have a Tyrolean, don't find the grip to be too thick. I am an average sized male, 6ft

Agree with Patrick the handling is not bad at all, it is reasonably nimble for such a large sword. I like it a lot actually

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: