Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sallet photo gallery on Ukranian website Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mark T

PostPosted: Fri 29 Aug, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Sallet photo gallery on Ukranian website         Reply with quote

I recently stumbled across this wonderful photo gallery of more than 160 sallets on a Ukranian site: http://sigmund.io.ua/album178120_0

I'm not sure who the site belongs to, but there are some other interesting galleries as well, including messer, gothic armour, and historical illustrations.

Before finding this site, I had a pretty substantial collection of sallet images. There are lot on here I'd never seen, reinforcing the incredible diversity of sallet forms, and providing more challenge to the efforts to neatly categorise them.

If you're interested in sallets, it could be worth spending the time to copy these for private study, given how often galleries like this disappear from the internet. Be warned, however, that sources for the images is not provided. I recognised a couple where I knew the source/photographer - so you may want to think about what that means if you want to re-post them somewhere.

Given the site's location, you might want to make sure you have good, updated internet security; my computer struggled a couple of times while looking at the site, and my virus protection later showed it had intercepted a couple of things. Might also be worth using something like 'CCleaner' afterwards too ... but the results are well worthwhile!

Chief Librarian/Curator, Isaac Leibowitz Librarmoury

Schallern sind sehr sexy!
Pieter B.

Reading list: 10 books

PostPosted: Sat 30 Aug, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh well I opened the site without reading the whole post and I didn't get any virus warnings.

Should I be afraid Sad
Mark T

PostPosted: Sat 30 Aug, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Pieter,

The current software I'm running doesn't tell me which site it finds viruses on. I've been doing a lot of research lately, so the ones I picked up could have been from anywhere.

I almost didn't post the comments I did - I think one should operate on the understanding that almost any site can have malware, and always have good protection - but I just thought I should mention it for those who weren't sure of the level of coverage they had, as my computer did run slowly when the site was open.

If you've got good software, it should have intercepted anything, but you should also be able to run diagnostics now and double-check.

Back on topic: this image gallery is the single-largest collection of sallets I've been able to find, and is an amazing resource!

Chief Librarian/Curator, Isaac Leibowitz Librarmoury

Schallern sind sehr sexy!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sallet photo gallery on Ukranian website
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic