myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Annual fund drive. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 09 Sep, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just added another small donation to get things closer to the $3000 mark and also . BUMPING " the Topic.

As with my recent post on the " Contest " Topic thread I repeat ( Again Wink ) that any extra funds over and above the donation goal is a useful emergency contingency reserve plus gives Nathan some extra cash should he want or need to do something extra for the site and the members.

I would add that my donations are also a way of thanking Nathan for having created this site and maintaining it and to show my appreciation of all the thousands of hours of work he has put into this site over more than a decade. Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun 21 Sep, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So I haven't bumped up this Topic for about 12 days, and donations have been trickling in anyway ..... Big Grin Cool

( Might be nice to get to $3,500 or even $4,000 for a really nice round number Wink )

Still a nice contest prize to try and win for every $25 donated and I sort of like the idea of having more people actively supporting the site with a financial contribution.

One can also upgrade one's membership to a paying one.

Many thanks to all the people who have donated with or without my periodic nagging ..... Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud

Keeping this short as all the " arguments " for continuing to donate are in my previous posts and no need to repeat what people can read by just scrolling up to previous comments by me or others.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 21 Sep, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, Jean....

I'm working on another contest, open to anyone who has already helped out or will in the future. It's coming...

And because we went over the goal, I was able to invest in an additional backup solution for our site and I also purchased a secure certificate so that I can do some future-focused things. Stay tuned. Happy

Also, because I felt bad about people giving so much, I've been making a lot of efforts into putting up things on our Facebook page with new updates and lots of photos and information.

My job situation has drastically changed recently. If there's an upside to this, it means I have a lot of free time to do stuff like this. haha

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Annual fund drive.
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: