Combined sword and wheel-lock pistol
I was wondering if anyone had images of this combined sword and wheel-lock pistol from the Wallace collection http://wallacelive.wallacecollection.org/eMus...detailView?
I am interested in, at some point, commissioning a pair of swords with similar hilts. But, the online image is too small, and the only catalogues that seem to feature it are from 1962 and 1986 respectively. Anyone with a higher quality image, particularly one showing the details of the hilt construction, would receive my eternal thanks and a well-earned place in Paradise.
Do you mean this, William?
[ Linked Image ]
Something miraculous happened when I clicked on the thumbnail and then I suddenly got this.
I do mean that one, and the same miracle worked for me as well when I first found that sword online. But, that picture doesn't tell me about the construction of the hilt at the blade. From that angle, I can't tell if there's a kidney shaped loop coming off of it, a half-moon, or how it connects to the four bars forming the basket. These are the questions that haunt my dreams.
This kind of sword looks peculiar in my opinion.
why not ask the Wallace collection for pics?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: