Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Merc Tailor Legs and SpauldersSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Eric Koeler

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Merc Tailor Legs and Spaulders         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I am selling a pair of 15th/16th legs and a pair of large spaulders, all made by Mercenary's Tailor. These have been in storage for quite a while and may exhibit small areas of oxidation. I am asking $49 for the spaulders and $199 for the legs. I will pay the shipping to the lower 48 states. If you are outside this area, we can work something out regarding shipping.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions. Thanks!

Eric Koeler

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There have been a number of questions of about these items, so I thought I would answer them in this thread for everyone at once. I believe these pieces are both made out of a minimum of 16 guage steel, and they provide appropriate protection for HEMA. Both were purchased "off the rack" and were not customized to my knowledge. Both have a great deal of articulation built into them, so measuring them is imprecise, but I will do my best.

The spaulders measure 10" wide at their widest point and about 11.5" long when stretched out.

I put the legs on over my shorts and they were tight around my thighs. My thighs measure 26" around (thank you, squats), so keep that in mind. They do not completely wrap around so they can be opened up if necessary. Standing with my leg straight, the thigh portion measures about 16" long from the top of the metal (not including the leather strip at the top) to the center of the poleyn. The shin portion measures 6" from the center of the poleyn the farthest bottom point. The shin portion is quite generous in width, the internal circumference (semi-circle) is about 11". The internal circumference (semi-circle) of the thigh portion is 11".

Please let me know if there are any other measurements you would like to know. Also keep in mind that these have been in storage for quite a while, and there are patches of light oxidation on them here and there (especially on the insides). These stains are all cosmetic and should polish out quite easily. I wore them only a couple of times, and I never fought in them, so they are essentially new (except for the storage oxidation).
Eric Koeler

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just realized I mistyped something. The internal semi-circumference of the calf/shin portion of the legs is 9.5" (not 11", that is the though portion). Remember, they are supposed to fit over greaves, that's why there is so much room.
Eric Koeler

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The spaulders are sold pending payment.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Merc Tailor Legs and SpauldersSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic