Long Bardiches?
HI again all.

I have a Bardiche with which I intend to constantly knock people out with for HMB/IMCF full-contact. It has been specially designed to redistribute the weight to act like a Chinese Guan Dao, with strategically thickened blade here, extra-heavy socket there, holes through the blade for weight, etc., etc. And it has been made from some pretty impressive steel. I love it.

But I want the ahistoricism to end there. And historically these were fairly short weapons, with generally around 5ft hafts. I want something longer, because I'm tallish, and I use Chinese Martial Arts... And I have just the technique in mind to dominate for years with it.

Does anybody know of any surviving historical examples from ideally around the mid 15th to mid 16th with a haft longer than this?

I need references, so if you have an accession number, or photo, perhaps with an accurate description? I'll owe you big time.

Thanks! :)
Waldman, "Hafted Weapons ..." has an example with total length 217cm (not all haft; the haft alone is abut 170-180cm). 3.81kg. Waldman calls it a guisarme, rather than a bardiche, but close enough. C. 1530.

Fig 135 in Waldman, Weapon in the Tojhusmuseets, Copenhagen, inv. no. C50 (45).
Just what I needed.

Thanks Timo! You're the man. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: