30 Years War engravings - interactive online collection
Our friends from Czech Rep. have put together this online collection of events and personalities of the Thirty Years War: http://www.30letavalka.eu/?lang=en
With interactive time-map and a timeline, it is a wonderful source of information for all Thirty Years War enthusiasts. Itīs far from complete and itīs focused mostly on Central Europe, but it still offers tens of contemporary portraits, city maps and vedutas, battle plans, leaflets, etc., all with reference to original location, notes, etc. Pictures are zoom-able, so you can discover all those wonderful details. And the website has EN / DE version.
Iīd give big kudos for putting this project together.
30 Years War engravings - interactive online collection
Just visited that site. The engravings look wonderful.
And, by the way Radovan, what's a veduta?
Hi Shahril, veduta is basically a picture of a cityscape (painting, print), showing the whole town, or its part. AFAIK it was popular in 16th-18th century and itīs usually very realistic, so it gives nice picture of topography of contemporary towns and their environment.
Am I wrong or it is just possible to see the prints as middle sized thumbnails? This website looks attractive but looking at just thumbs would be pretty frustrating.
Bruno, you can see zoomed-in details by moving the mouse over the picture.
Radovan Geist wrote:

Will try with a "standard" browser and oS, so far I tried with Chrome/ Linux and Safari/IOS.

Thank you
Bruno, Iīm using Firefox. I did not know it does not work on some browsers - thanks for pointing this out!
Bruno Giordan wrote:
Radovan Geist wrote:

Will try with a "standard" browser and oS, so far I tried with Chrome/ Linux and Safari/IOS.

Thank you

The detail feature does not work for me in Chrome, I have to use Firefox.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: