Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Need Help -- with Russian? Language Website,-MilitaryHistory Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathan Courtney

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jun, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Need Help -- with Russian? Language Website,-MilitaryHistory         Reply with quote

Im not sure if this is the right Fora section , but here goes. There is this Great Russian Website( I believe, I know its slavic/Cyrillic script and the URL ends in ".ru" ) so im pretty sure it is(though there was some brief mention of Serbian? which I gleaned from dispersed text. )--It has a very nice Military history section With lots of Modern Color artwork to enjoy, among other things original source material(period artwork ,manuscript excerpts), and good conversation with members,(as like here, im sure)- And is a wonderful treat to visit or join for any interested.--- now the problem. As it is in its native language you have to translate- which worked for me well enough until sometime last year they 'Reformatted-' not sure of correct term -the site so now you have to be registered and signed in for any posted images to the forum to be visible/clickable/downloadable etc.- trouble is one night after many long hours with "google translate" I managed to register successfully but can not figure out how to post (which is ideal in itself obviously/ plus it is the last requirement to make all the Forum content visible/usable.and the translation tools are of NO more help at all- I racked myself out and have a deadend --- so... Are there any Russian/ or perhaps Ukrainians or anyone who can kindly help me figure this out.( or other slavic Language speakers/readers of Cyrillic text- forgive the uncertainty here)

--I would post the URL here, but am reluctant to do so for the moment, reason is there is always some selfappointed a** out there who wants to stir up things with supposed copyright issues or what ever(many of the books and magazines featured are foreign and/ or out of print/ or may well have the permission to be there- so this should not really apply SFAIAC)- so for now if any one can help post here, PM , or email me direct "Davega12@comcast.net"
Thanks in advance Happy
Jon

An Open Mind, Idealism tempered with Discipline, and Perseverance, are keys to success in many great things.
Shahril Dzulkifli

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Need Help -- with Russian? Language Website, MilitaryHistory         Reply with quote

Russian or Serbian language website on military history? Hmmm.....
If that website ends with .ru, then it's a Russian website. Serbian websites end with .rs.
But Jonathan, I am not sure of the web address of the site you mentioned earlier.

“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength”

- Marcus Aurelius
Jonathan Courtney

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Shahril, thanks for the response, Please check your PMs.
An Open Mind, Idealism tempered with Discipline, and Perseverance, are keys to success in many great things.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Need Help -- with Russian? Language Website,-MilitaryHistory
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic