Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Gastrophetes (Classical Greek crossbow) reproduction Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Joe A

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 07 Dec, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Leo Todeschini wrote:
I have just finished another of these bows (this one going over to the US). It is basically the same as the previous bows in this line that I have made, except that the poundage of this one is 30lb rather than the 110 or 90 of the previous.

30lb is clearly a low weight, though it still shoots very nicely and at this weight, the whole concept of the bow is a little redundant; good for demonstrations though.

As the very happy owner of this wonderful piece I would like to say that working with Tod was great. The reason the weight is relatively low is that it will be a working demonstration piece that will be fired mostly by school children to demonstrate the technical innovation ability of the Ancient Greeks. We'll be using custom foam-headed LARP arrows as well for safety. Of course it will not be as powerful as the heavier pulls and therefore not provide a totally accurate experience, but compromises had to be made or it will be just another "wall hanger" that will elicit little interest in today's young learners. How much fun is it watch someone else shoot a bow compared to shooting one yourself!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Gastrophetes (Classical Greek crossbow) reproduction
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: