Thanks to Allan Senefelder.
Last week I asked if anyone knew of a source for a small table top anvil. I need one for some small projects involving maille and a few other things. Allan kindly offered to give me an anvil for free. The anvil arrived yesterday and it's exactly what I need. The spirit of this community of ours constantly warms my heart. It's great that we help each other, even in small ways like this.

Thanks a lot Allan.

For some reason just owning an anvil gves me a warm fuzzy feeling. :D
That is awesome .... what a kind lad !

Good show, Allan ! Mac
Images of Wile E Coyote, cliffs, and anvils come to mind. After reading your saga of the maille shirt, I can only think of this to say to you, Patrick: Be careful.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Images of Wile E Coyote, cliffs, and anvils come to mind. After reading your saga of the maille shirt, I can only think of this to say to you, Patrick: Be careful.

Fear not. None of this will involve power tools or hazardous chemicals. :D
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Fear not. None of this will involve power tools or hazardous chemicals. :D

Just lots of Acme products. ;)
Patrick;

How about hammering out a nice breastplate or helmet out of depleted Uranium as your next life threatening project!

Or why wimp out: Go for fully radioactive Uranium as you like to use stuff at 100% strenght.

Obviously a joke. (I hope a good one.)

And, it was very nice of Allan to send you that anvil.
I want to add to the praise of Allan.

Not only does he make outstanding, usable, armour - but from my dealings with him he is a great guy as well.

When I mentioned that I wanted to do some destructive testing from horseback, he quickly pounded out a breastplate for me to test with and sent it right away. Not only that, he has told me that he plans on sending more items for me to beat up for him (my kinda guy :!: ).

In a world filled with quite a few armourers that could be called either "shady" (at best) or "thieves" (at worst), Allan is one of the true good guys.
Lloyd;

If we can have your conclusions about some of those destructive tests it should make a very interesting topic.

By chance I was asking Allan about this in an E-Mail yesterday.

I will be getting some armour pieces from Allan this year for sure as soon as I recover from recent purchases.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: