Scabbard project for an H/T Norman
Here is my latest attempt at an integrated, earlier Medieval suspension scabbard. This has a wood poplar core, lined with wool felt. I am not thrilled with the stitching at the very top of the back of the scabbard, around the rain guard, I may redo that section, the rest of the stitching I like quite a bit. I have done 'X' stitch patterns before, this style I think may look better. In addition I still have to split the belt and cut the holes in the short belt in order to tie the belt. I still don't make chapes so this one is stitched to the bottom with no chape, but for an earlier scabbard I think that still looks authentic. I am quite pleased with the color combinations and for a free scabbard (labor and moderate $ spent on materials = free)I am very pleased.

Making a new scabbard for my H/T Norman is still on my to-do list. This will have to join the inspiration pile. :)

I like the shades of leather you picked, that olive shade is a nice departure from the usual reddish browns. I think the chape-less/all-leather tip looks spiffy. Great work!
Nice work.

If you are having problems making you own metal chapes you could make a thicker leather chape to finish off the scabbard.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: