Late Christmas present!!!
My wife gave birth to our first child on the 29 at 7:44 a.m. to a 7lb 13 oz boy!Now that he's here maybe I won't be so scarce around here(all that free time :lol: )Mike and Eric told me it would be a life altering experiance in Atlanta this summer...they were right.Any one with a surefire burping technique please PM me
James! Wow, that's excellent news. Congrats, man.
Congratulations Dad!

It sounds as if the new year is getting off to a great start for the King family.
So Very Happy For You Both!!
My sure fire burping method was to (and okay, this dates me)
hold my boys and boogie whilst listening to either Brit Dark wave
i.e. the Psychedelic Furs or the Smiths, or Portland bands like
The Wipers or Napalm Beach who were playing what became known
as "Grunge" ten years before it ever happened in Seattle. Eldest,
John, blemmed nicely to "Return of the Rat" or "My TeeVee", where
younger Bob liked "Jenny Take a Bow" or "Pretty in Pink"

The best advice? Wear a shirt you like, it's sure fire!

Congratulations!
Doug G.
Wonderful news ..... Congratulations, James !

What's the lads name ? Mac
Congrats to you and the Mrs. Life will never be the same now.

Bill

aka the other Bill G.
Congrats!
Yes, I have a surefire burping technique...first you put your best shirt on, then you take the baby out into public, then feed the baby Gerber peas or other such foods (okay this is for when the baby is older) then gently pat the babys back as you lean the baby over your shoulder. When you feel a sudden warming of your shoulder and back, you have done it correctly. :)

Just kidding, congrats! Kids are great...unfortunately there is no money back guarantee.
Congratulations, James!

Mike
Congrats James....

Life will never be the same!

ks
Congrats, James - welcome to Fatherhood!

As for burping, I go right along with the plan layed out by Eric - but in extreme emergencies you can always put on a suit and be late for a meeting :D
Congratulations. My youngest just turned 18 years, but I remember him as a little munchkin like it was yesterday. Bid a fond farewell to a full night's sleep for a while :eek:
babies name
Thanks guys! His name is Audney Morgan. He will go by Morgan , Audney was his great grandfathers name.I have already had to explain to 2 nurses and his pediatrician that he is a BOY.If my research is correct "Morgan" is tha masculane form of Morgana(Irish) or means "man from the sea"(gaelic)??Any way it was manly enough for one of the Earp brothers, so its good enough for him.When he is a little older(and Moms not around)I plan on calling him "morg".......Morg KIng, has sort of a Tolkienesque ring to it.One last thing thank God for Karo syrup.
Congratulations James!

We just had our first about six months ago, so another new daddy agrees -----kiss those full nights sleep goodbye! Also in large part wave goodbye to most of those arms and armor related projects for a while, too!

It's wonderful what a "prize" one gets for the time and attention, though :D One little smile can make all those sleepless nights seem a tiny price to pay.

My best burping technique was to keep shifting the baby's position as you burp, changing the angles, allowing the air to move and come up----and Momma always gives baby to Daddy to burp, so it must be effective if it's mommy approved :)

Congratulations again!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: