Review - Armour Research Society.
Not sure where to post this but I'll put it here until one of the mods decide to move it.

----

Over the past few weeks I have had the privilege of membership within the Armour Research Society.

The community is very friendly and open to discussion and growth of theories relating to historic armour. I have found the online chat to be more than helpful in discussing theories and speculative aspects of armour with knowledgeable people. Many dynamic and enlightening discussions have already occurred regarding topics such as the validity of mail as a defense, early 15th century sallet evolution and others.

The immense availability of resources via the membership community in regards to armour research is truly amazing and is, in and of itself, well worth any cost of membership.

Since I joined there has been a constant evolution of member benefits including an online live chat, bibliography of armour-related resources, online content articles with significant armour research materials and articles available only through ARS.

We are told that more content is on the way, as well as a print journal (March?) and conference in September. This will certainly be an exciting ride. I highly recommend the ARS to anyone interested in historic armour.

I must applaud Erik D. Schmid, Brian W. Rainey and Douglas W. Strong for their monumental efforts in putting together this opus. They have been inviting and very cordial to members and have gone out of their way to assist in any aspect that I have needed. The historic armour community has truly been provided a unique and beneficial service.
Thanks for posting Dan. it sounds like this will be an excellent resource for the community.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: