10thC Viking sword by Tods Stuff
Hi All,

This is 10thC viking sword based on JPO 2262 in the Musee de l'Armee in Paris, though not an exact copy.

The hilt is steel with a box wood grip, bronze ferrules and silver and copper wire and inly detail. The blade is modified and lightened Deltin blade as supplied by the customer.

The scabbard is felt lined poplar with a cord work pattern and covered with vegtan leather and is a very dark blue. The belt is fitted with bronze fittings and is set to hang at a slight angle.

I hope you like it.

Regards

Tod

Attachment: 183.12 KB
IMGP3351.jpg

Attachment: 180.65 KB
IMGP3352.jpg

Attachment: 119.08 KB
IMGP3353.jpg

Attachment: 111.84 KB
IMGP3355.JPG

Attachment: 147.13 KB
IMGP3356.jpg

That's a rather fabulous piece, Leo. Your eye for subtle detail is very admirable. Cheers!

-Gregory
Love the Hilt... elegant.
Great stuff Tod! I love the type L hilts with such severe downturned guards. I bet it feels great in hand. The scabbard is just awesome, I love those fittings! All around a very, very nice piece! Color me jealous!
Hi Leo
Relay nice sword love the hilt on this one and your scabbard and belt are an work of art congratulations.
Very well done. The hilt is quite a beauty.
This is great! All-in-all a very nice package. I really like it alot and I think it works well to represent the type. Great job.
What a lucky Del Tin blade!!

Looks great Tod!
Absolutely gorgeous. The metalwork on the hilt is phenomenal. I also love the tooling on the belt and scabbard—are those based on any particular sources?
Thanks very much everyone, I really appreciate your kind words.

The belt suspension system and the decoration are based on existing pieces. The cord work under the leather is a common feature from the Roman period and through the Viking. This example is based on one from the Isle of Mann.

Tod

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: