Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Happy New Year!!! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Robert W. Betten

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Happy New Year!!!         Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2005 is better on everyone than 2004...

...just to make this interesting do you have and weapons planned or want to buy in 2005?

Myself I have an A&A 12th century spear coming in, An Odin Blade bowie, I want to order a Odin blade sword, and looking into getting a Berretta 12 guage Shotgun (clay pigeon competition).

Have a good evening peoples, dont get too drunk Wink

*!*
"If the people we love are taken from us,
the way they live on is to never stop loving
them. Buildings burn, people die, but real
love is forever."
- Sarah 'The Crow'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Almost there Big Grin

We've got plenty of food, movies and beverage so I think were ready Razz

My Arms and Armor boar spear should be here today. Other than that I'll probably hold out for a while and save for a downpayment on one of the upcoming Next Gen's that's being refered to as the Talhoffer.

Have fun!

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone;

Still debating what to get next and how long I have to wait to recover from my previous toy purchases.

At the moment I am thinking more about armour than swords: I sort of want to finish assembling an interesting collection of armour parts that I can mix and match and that would fit the periord of the 11th to the early 16th depending on which I put together at any one time. I am not too strictly concerned about 100% historical accuraty.

I'm leaning towards a transitionnal armour look at the moment.

To be specific I'm looking at some Mercenary's Taylor armour pieces to complement my longsleeved kneelenght hauberk (Riveted Mail) : The 14th century arms, breast/back plate and/or the plackard, bevor to go with my Valentine Armoury visored kettle hat, at least lower leg armor and maybe the early upper leg armour. (Depending on available sizes as my legs are the opposite of "chicken legs" i.e. 17" calves and 27" upper thighs: So I will have to be carefull about checking out if their standard stuff will fit.) Oh, and a good shield and/or buckler. (Buy all at once or slowly accumulate one at the time?)

If I have not "burned" my entire 2005 budget, maybe one of the squire line bastard swords.

Now only have to build that time machine..........LOL.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Right now the only things on order are two scabbards from Albion and a sword from Patrick Barta (2 year wait on that one.).

Lately I've been leaning in the same direction as Jean. I'm trying to put together some armour and accoutrements that can, by swaping a few things here and there, cover the migration era up through the early middle ages. My new maille shirt is the start of that.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 01 Jan, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Plans         Reply with quote

Well I'd like to do the armour thing others previosly mentioned at some point, and actually saved to the point that I could do something. Then I decided to go back to get an MBA and allocated all my money (or will soon). Right now I have a scabbard project coming that is really a 2004 initiative. Although I have the buying urge I don't expect to be able to buy anything anytime soon.

So unless Albion comes out with a Regent derivitave that has a scent stopper (just don't think I'd be able to resist that one) I anticipate buying nothing in 2005.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Happy New Year!!!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic