Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Del Tin 2148 vs. Albion Oakeshott? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
William Alexander Elder

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Del Tin 2148 vs. Albion Oakeshott?         Reply with quote

Well, it finally happened to me. I might have to stat selling off my collection. But, I plan to keep a few pieces and fill in blanks with new ones. So, for a simple cruciform medieval single hander, how is the Del Tin 2148? And how is the Albion Oakeshott? And if anyone has handled both, I would like a quick compare/contrast.

Or should I just stick with my DSA Norman?
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unless you have become truly enamored of your DSA sword, the other two mentioned have more going for them. The Albion sword is a premium item, while the Del Tin and DSA certainly more budget minded. The Albion premium is partly due to much more attention to the blade cross section. The one in the classifieds, a best buy right now. .While not really in the market for these types, the Del Tin 2131 also catches my eye as usable as does Patrick's Senlac. Weird, huh? I can see the quandry though and retain even some of my least "worthy" swords as quite nice to me.

If money was not an issue, I would always look to the premium buys first. As it is, in my own bracket, I find obscure antiques cheaper than any of the production swords mentioned. At the same time I know I should be pushing to have the nicer swords. My last in was to fill a specific void and if I ever find a better example, will pay the money for the premium item.

If historic aesthetic isn't an issue and the DSA sword fills that void for you, look to a different hole to fill. Judging by weight alone you may love your DSA sword.

Cheers

GC
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you want a standar "cruciform" sword, consider Del Tin sword of Galgano. One of the best DT singlehanders I have handled... http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=DT2123
P.S. Of course, if you can afford Albion Oakeshott, don't think much and order it, you won't be sorry...
Edward Lee

PostPosted: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Those two swords are both under $1000 dollars. Albion may satisfy you more than del tin, the difference between those two are around $400 dollars, DT price is in between higher end and lower end and this is why I used to hear people just save up more for the Albion sword instead. So yea just go for the Albion.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Del Tin 2148 vs. Albion Oakeshott?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic