Field plate armor and how one moves in a set.
I was wondering if anyone here knows of any books or published papers that deal with 1400s-1600s plate armor meant for the battlefield and how wearing a set effects various attributes of the wearer like the center of balance. Along with comparing how the field plate armor wearer would do when it came to swinging a weapon, running in a battlefield, etc., when compared to somebody who wasn't wearing the set. I know about the Royal Society's experiments but they didn't cover all that I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help.
A suggestion is contact the Royal Armouries at Leeds and Dr Toby Capwell at the Wallace Collection. They will be the people with the most up to date and accurate info in that area and would be able to say if they had done tests specific to your needs or if they knew of any done elsewhere.

I think a simple and utterly gut feeling response to the centre of balance plate vs non=plate question is wholly dependent on what type of armour you are in and at what period. Some armours are reasonably symetrical, others not so.
Daniel Jacquet is doing his Ph.D in such as can be seen here-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqqgi-lYlF4

If you look at the "about" details you can see which university to contact him through
Phil Crawley wrote:
Daniel Jacquet is doing his Ph.D in such as can be seen here-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqqgi-lYlF4

If you look at the "about" details you can see which university to contact him through

Very cool. I did not know anyone was working on a project like this.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: