Good armorers?
Hi

I've been trying to get a kit going but most of the armorers I find are either backlogged or from Europe. I have gotten a few pieces from GDFB, and some custom pieces from armstreet, and I have heard about mercenary tailor but they are not here anymore :(. Do you guy have any suggestion? Thank you.
what era are you after, what items and where are you based?
Hi Griffin thanks for the reply. I'm making a mid 14th century kit, right now I'm only missing arms and leg.
I have some stuff from Marek I'm happy with
Joe Fults wrote:
I have some stuff from Marek I'm happy with

How long is the wait on Marek?
Been a few years since I purchased but was about 90 days turn around when I did
Will add that he was very up front with me about times. First thing I wanted he told me he could not work into his schedule (complex) so he just would not take that commission. Eventually found something I liked that would work into his schedule and away we went. Good expectation management.
Joe Fults wrote:
Will add that he was very up front with me about times. First thing I wanted he told me he could not work into his schedule (complex) so he just would not take that commission. Eventually found something I liked that would work into his schedule and away we went. Good expectation management.

That sounds good, his works are beautiful. Thanks.
There are other threads asking this same question. Perhaps the search function will yield you some more good advice.
Good Armorers
Edward,

Would recommend two people that I have had personal experience with.

Have a few pieces by Allan Senefelder, no frills, just good substantial stuff ... very reasonably priced! And Mark Berry of Clang Armory, just had some semi-custom work completed by him; excellent attention to detail. Clang also has selection of used books (arms, armor, etc.), with short commentaries.

Both of these gentlemen are easy to communicate with and seem to have reasonable schedules.

Cheers,
Dan.
Of course, thank you for the advice Chad.

Dan, I though Merctailor was gone, I was looking at the older posts where many people bought his work, thanks for the info.
Pretty sure MT is gone but he does put up the odd piece now and then.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: