A&A Complex Hilted Longsword
Finally took some OK pics of this sword so I thought that I would post them. Stats are below for reference.

Overall length: 50”
Weight: 3.75 pounds
Width of guard: 10.25"
Blade: 37.5" long from cross; 1.75" wide tapering to .75"
Grip and pommel: 12" long
Point of Balance (PoB): 3.4" from cross
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~24.75" from cross

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Attachment: 204.1 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 199.95 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 98.31 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 104.53 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 111.94 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 215.18 KB
[ Download ]
Hi Jason,

Beautiful stuff ... but then you know that you and I have similar taste! ;)

Fantastic to see more complex-hilted swords - there aren't enough of them around.

Mark T

PS I think these photos deserve to be re-sized so that casual viewers can see them at a glance ...
Another good job by A&A. Is the design based on an original?
Beautiful...I also have something in the works with A&A for a complex hilted long sword. Love it! Yours is fantastic.
That's one very nice sword. I quite like their Durer, though think it could do with a complex hilt also!
cheers.
Jimi Edmonds wrote:
That's one very nice sword. I quite like their Durer, though think it could do with a complex hilt also!
cheers.

Actually this sword uses the Durer blade. Craig lengthened the handle and slightly modified the profile.
Roger Hooper wrote:
Another good job by A&A. Is the design based on an original?

Here are pics of the original. It's not a completely faithful reproduction but that is only due to some financial constraints at the time.

Attachment: 4.74 KB
41741_b.jpg

Jason Elrod wrote:
Jimi Edmonds wrote:
cheers.

Actually this sword uses the Durer blade. Craig lengthened the handle and slightly modified the profile.

That's funny as when I saw your sword the Durer came to mind..Blast! now I'll have to have a custom version of it!
I like this sword quite a bit. I'm glad you had it replicated!
a nice 12 in grip I like! another nice custom job out of A&A.
It's great to see a complex-hilted longsword since I don't really see much of them. Which is a shame since I have a soft spot for its look.
I have recently become infatuated with this style of sword myself. Very cool repro, I am definitely envious. Where is the previous located?
A&A seems to really excell at this kind of work. I always enjoy seeing examples for their custom pieces.
Joel Chesser wrote:
Where is the previous located?

Joel,

It was sold by Hermann Historica. More information can be found in the Examples of later bastard sword hilts thread.
Very nice! I've been pondering a complex hilted sword myself... I like this alot

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: