For Trade: Atrim XIIa.4 for Albion Crecy.
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hello all,
So the title says it all. I purchased an Atrim XIIa.4 with scabbard from a fellow forum member on SBG a few weeks ago, and am looking to pass it on. I had put money away and was going to buy a Crecy but saw the ad and had an impulse buy. Nothing wrong with the sword or scabbard just want the Crecy more, have been wanting one for a long time now.

So on to the specs of what I have to offer. From my understanding I am the fourth owner of this fine piece of steel. I have only had it for a couple of weeks and have not done any cutting with it. The scabbard was made by Crusader Monk and comes with the suspension system but no belt. This sword has some character to her, such as some patina starting to form (at least thats what it looks like to me), and the finish is rough. I think it was one of the models advertised as a mercenary grade sword. I could be wrong on both of these points though, I tried taking pictures of what I am talking about so you can see for yourself. Also the grip and peen were both done by TomK and are very nice. The peen is next to invisible and very smooth and the grip is very roomy and comfortable. Even if you have some massive meat hooks you should have plenty of room. The edge is also very well done and is sharp, not razor sharp but what I feel is appropriate for this style of sword. There is a small dent in the pommel, almost impossible to see. I tried taking a picture of it. And the guard has some play in it. Not sure if it was done during shipping or not. It is hardly noticeable, I had to play with it for several minutes to figure out if it was actual play or just my fingers indenting on the metal. You can't see it move just barely feel it when you actually try to move the guard. Just figured that out last night, had my wife try it and she couldn't tell if it was moving or not.

Overall Length-45 & 1/2"
Blade Length-35 & 1/4"
Blade width at Guard-2 & 1/4"
Hilt Length-10 & 1/4"
Grip Length-7 & 7/8"
Weight-3lbs 4oz
*Note these specs were taken by me and may be off slightly.
This will ship in a gun case and will be well protected and insured for $800.

So that is what I have to offer and as of this time I am only looking to trade this monster for an Albion Crecy. If I don't get any trade offers within a week or so I will consider selling to make funds for a Crecy. If this seems like it may be up your alley shoot me a PM and we can go from there. Thank you.
Now for pictures.

Attachment: 141.47 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 144.71 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 151.33 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 164.73 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 188.41 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 110.38 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 153.65 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 153.29 KB
[ Download ]
Cleaned up and new pictures
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I had some time today and I cleaned this sword up with a grey scotch brite pad, and conditioned the leather as it was very dry. Looks completely different so figured updated pictures were in order.

Attachment: 144.2 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 122.19 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 120.52 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 141.11 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 134.93 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 153.01 KB
[ Download ]