Need recommendations on craftsmen...
Okay, so I have this old ATrim I bought over ten years ago-- a Northern Italian Bastard Sword, to be exact.

I want to get the sword re-hilted and scabbard-ed to gift to a close friend. Seeing as how said friend is half Sicilian, it seems like a good idea (at this time, anyway).

I'm thinking a Type V1 pommel (using Oakeshott's nomenclature in the Sword in the Age of Chivalry) and spatulate cross, with a crimson leather-wrapped grip.

If I can get some input on who out in the market is capable of executing such a project, or has done so before, I would greatly appreciate it. The absolute maximum in my budget is $600, but $500 or under would be preferable.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
well I'd say talk to A&A but as they are my only point of ref in the US its not a comprehensive list by any means.
$600.00 isn't enough for A&A to do it.

Try Yeshua's - http://www.yeshuas-sword.com/ - he could make you a nice new hilt to your specifications. I'm not sure if he does scabbards.

For a good relatively inexpensive scabbard, go to http://www.crusadermonk.com/ I don't think he does pommels and guards, but he will give you a new grip wrap.

With one or both of them, I think you can get what you want for the money you want to spend.

Below is a new pommel and guard that Yeshua made for an old sword of mine

Attachment: 97.79 KB
ty3s.jpg

Here's another vote for Yeshua Sword. Ernie does good work, keeps his schedule, and is good value to boot. I know he carves wood scabbards, I'm not sure if he does a leather covered one at the moment.
you may also want to contact Crusader Monk on this as well.
I have dealt with him in the past, and it was a pleasure all around.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: