Go to page Previous  1, 2

FWIW, i have sometimes wondered why my bit wasn't biting only to realize that the drill was set in reverse from a previous use. i know that's an "is it plugged in?" question, but is it possible that the drill is running in reverse?.
Kai Lawson wrote:
Your record for broken bits is both saddening and amazing…here's some not-quite-congratulations.

Ahah...yeah that's 8 bits down the drain, over a period of a year or so. To my defence they are really small (2 mm)!

Sean Flynt wrote:
FWIW, i have sometimes wondered why my bit wasn't biting only to realize that the drill was set in reverse from a previous use. i know that's an "is it plugged in?" question, but is it possible that the drill is running in reverse?.

This thing didn't have the ability to drill in reverse so at least I'm sure it doesn't come from there. It was better suited to drill holes in bricks to hang frame pictures I'm afraid...

For what it's worth I managed to drill through a third of the length before breaking the last bit. Then I looked at the dodgy angle the bit was set under pressure because of the barrel spinning loose...

More next week with a new drill and...more brand new bits.
I could send you very high quality bits by post if you break those you just bought. Just so that you give them a try - in all these years, I only broke 3 of that brand.
haleluya!

30 quids on a German brand new drill solved the issue. Went through the 1 cm peen block like butter (thick butter though :) ).
I needed two holes to form a rectangle on the tiny piece of steel, parallel to the edges preferably. That did not happen as intended of course (I've got a rectangle alright...side ways), but nothing I won't be able to fix with a dremel and carbide cutters.
I'm suddenly very close to my custom yeoman!
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: