Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword from Wulflund Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Milan Soukup

PostPosted: Sun 23 Feb, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: wulflund smithy         Reply with quote

John A

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi

Only tripped over this thread a day or so ago as in the market for a two handed sword I can use for reenactment fighting. Been thinking about Wulflund as they have some nice looking swords at attractive prices.

Andrew, have you had a chance to fight with that long sword you reviewed above? I'd be curious to know how they stand up to combat as that's what I'd be using one for.

Anyone else got experience of these swords they'd be willing to add?
M. Polacek

PostPosted: Sat 12 Sep, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sword form Wulflund         Reply with quote

Hey guys. I bought a sword from Wulflund as my first sword. And I would like to share some impressions for those who are also considering them. I chose Wulflund because of their very low prices, peened construction and the fact they're located in my home country. So before I say anything I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that this is my first sword. Which can tell you that I may not be able to compare it to anything else and that I may not be exactly too knowledgeable. With that out of the way I shall commence. So the sword I chose is the Serlon Longsword like the one Andrew Pribor chose. I based my choice on the fact that it costs slightly less than the other ones (as you can tell cost is a very important factor, but I still wanted something functional). I waited around 3 weeks for it. The only real communication I had with the store was a very short and direct message stating that the sword would be made in 2 weeks and if I am okay with that (this was of course after a week of waiting). After that it arrived via Czech Post. The packaging was not that great to be honest. It was wrapped in a bit of plastic wrap and put in a cardboard box. But I suppose that is enough. The blade is around 90cm long and the grip around 25cm. The balance point is 8cm away from the guard. The site states that it weights 1.6Kg which I have not measured myself. The esthetic is quite nice. The lines are symmetrical and clean. The blade has a fuller to about 3/4 of the lenght and tapers to a quite narrow point. I had the blade sharpened but I can't say anything good about their sharpening service. It is pretty much completely blunt except a 10cm bit which is oh so nearly sharp. That of course means that when I sharpen it myself I have to be careful since the whole thing isn't sharpened equally so I can't just sharpen the whole thing, but I have to do each bit for a different amount of time. It's better than having to remove all the metal myself and it makes an ok starting point, but it won't cut anything. I would honestly expect more from a 25Eur sharpening service so this is a disappointment. The site doesn't specify what steel it is. Moving on to the hilt it seems very tightly fitted. The whole sword feels secure and as I said it has a peened tang so that is a great thing. The only real issue with the hilt is the grip wrapping. The fake leather material that is used is not good at all. It doesn't add any comfort (it feels like holding wood basically), it smells like crap (and so will your hands after holding it) and it will probably loosen up and break off after a few months of use finally letting you put something better on it yourself Laughing Out Loud . Overall though I'm very happy with the sword so far. The price really beats all the negatives. I have not used it for any proper cutting (since it is not sharp and I haven't sharpened it yet), but it feels very secure. If you want a blunt trainer then based on what others have said and based on how it feels I'd say it is a great choice. If you want it for cutting practice then remember that the sharpening service is 100% not enough to cut anything whatsoever. After you sharpen it yourself it should be fine. I've attached a couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure. PS : The registration on myArmoury is a pain in the lower back area!

Attachment: 101.21 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 36.4 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 35.86 KB
The unimpressive grip wrapping [ Download ]

Attachment: 30.13 KB
Wulflund logo [ Download ]
Branko Dodig

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice to hear!

I've ordered a dagger from them - one of their own products, 55 cm (21.5") long - like a short sword, really. Prices are good and it seems solidly built.

I'll write a review when it gets here Happy

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword from Wulflund
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: