Bushfire Forge international Symposium of the Axe'n Seax,
Well its going ahead.....
I am proud to present the 2014 forge in at Bushfire Forge

International symposium of the axe'n seax

May 16th, 17th & 18th 2014 to be held at :

BushFire Forge on the Kent /London Border UK

3 Days of demonstrations, lectures and forging etc…

Demonstrations and Lectures by:

Peter Johnsson – SWEDEN
Jake Powning – CANADA
Owen Bush – UK
Petr Florianek – CZECH REPUBLIC
Dr Stefan Meader - SWITZERLAND
Alan Longmire – USA
Jim Austen – USA
Dave Stevens – USA

There will also be a smelt and chances to have a go at forging using the school facilities.

These are friendly international events are a great way to meet some of the worlds best Bladesmiths and tap into a wealth of information that you would be hard pushed to find elsewhere on the planet !

Saturday Evening Party to celebrate Owen’s 20 years of Forging ! (with mead and beer on me!!)
: Fancy Dress/ Costume party Themed ‘Warriors Through the Ages’ !!!! (yes that does include pirates and ninjas!!!)

Forge-In Price : £130

(this includes attendance to the 3 day forge-in and food on the Saturday night. Accommodation and your daily food is not included but there is a limited amount of crash space. For details about accommodation please contact us on the email below.)

For more info please

Email: forge-in@owenbush.co.uk
I'm in!

If you have not been to one of these before, make it a date for your diary - it is well worth the visit

Tod
Awesomeness!

I'm in too.

Cheers,

Julien
I am in as well, as long as nothing drastic happens...
I have no idea how, but I'm going to find some way to go to this if at all possible....
I hope you all can come.
I was a little reticent putting the word international before the title, despite the mix of demonstrator nationalities....
So far there has been interest from America ,Norway , Holland, Switzerland ,Czech Republic , Ireland , New zealand, Finland , Latvia, Spain , France .and of course the UK.
All in 2 days.
I am more than a little blown away, this looks like it is building up into something quite special.......
Tempting. Really tempting.
Looking forward to it already.
Hello All,
I have sent info out to everybody that emailed me if you want to come along or find out more please email me at
www.forge-in@owenbush.co.uk
I look forward to meeting you all at the event...
All the best Owen
Wish I could, but it appears I have a conflict... :(
That is a damned shame.....
It would be wonderful to see you.
all the best Owen
Hey Owen,

Couple of questions:

1-International symposium of the axe'n seax - Does that mean the focus will be on axes and Seax or is that just a cool name :)

2-Do you have more details on the stuff that people intend to demo?

Trying hard to make this work for me, but I live across the channel now, not 10 min away from your place which tends to make things a little bit more challenging:)...

Cheers,

J
demos so far are :-

Dane axe forging
Tomahawk forging
Smelt
Seax blade decoration
Dr Stephen Maeded talk on his work polishing western historic blades in a japanese style.
Jake Powning explores the smith as a character in myth and legend (title to be decided upon)

more to ba announced

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: