Winter Tree Craft's Gorget for longsword practice
Hello all, hope the year has started well.

I have for a while now been on the look out for a new gorget, and have come across WTC's stainless gorget http://www.wintertreecrafts.com/items/gorget.html , a few times now and was wondering if it would see me right.

Now I practice longsword of the German kind, and need a gorget that fit's comfortably under a Axel Petterson fencing jacket, and this gorget looks to be ok for that without disrupting the proper closure of the jackets throat area.
As I want something that goes under and not over as having something over the jacket throat disrupts the bib of my mask and makes for more of a problem.

So have any of you longsworders or Axel Petterson jacket wearers or just people that have these, what are your thoughts?

cheers Jim.
Winter Tree Craft's Gorget for longsword practice
[ Linked Image ]
I think this suits well with longsworders. To avoid injury to their necks during practice, I suppose.
Hi Jimi,

I don't wish to divert discussion away from this site, but the HEMA Alliance forum has a few threads that explore gorgets and would be worth checking out.

Two of the 'tried and true' for HEMA are the Obo Robo and Slazenger goalie models; PBT now stock one that is a little similar to the Slazenger.
Cheers, yes I have seen them, I check that site regularly, the more bulkier gorgets tend to push the mask bib upward which is a right pain!., at least this gorget looks to sit nicely under the jacket neck.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: