LIA Sword
My latest work, an attempt at interpreting a Late Irish Iron Age sword dating to approximately the late 2nd to 3rd century AD. OAL length is 29" +, approx. weight is around 2 pounds. Hilt is oak with mild steel campanulate guard and peening plate. Blade is a refurbished Del Tin 201A that is a little better than butter knife sharp. Piece is available for purchase. Inquire via forum PM.

Very nice. I like this sword alot. Great work!
Both beautiful and functional looking. Simple elegance--I also like it quite a bit
Beautiful little sword! Any plans for making any more? Scabbards?......Very nice!..........McM
Thanks for the positive responses. I am still working the details of some shop ergonomics. This sword is the first in probably 2 years. My last projects being a dagger sized LIA sword from approx. the 1st Cent.AD and a La Tene dagger inspiration. Presently I have determined to focus on the more overall shape and form sans a lot of garnishment or detail work. Setting my work processes will enable me to be more efficient and detail oriented as opposed to pure form and function. Though, I realize that many swords were only that:form and function, which has an allure all it's own.

Most of my present planned swords will date from between the 2nd Century AD up to the early 800's AD. All will likely be of insular Celtic styles with some possible Norse/Saxon/Danish branches of design. Also, in the interest of keeping the ball rolling I am, as of today, pricing this Late Irish Iron Age sword at $500 +s/h. Please PM if you are interested.

Here's another shot of the sword.

Final price drop...$475 + s/h. Truly a bargain for a custom little represented sword type.
This sword is pending sale.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: