Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > House Fire Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Hadrian Coffin
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 26 Dec, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: House Fire         Reply with quote

Hello,

Over the holiday, my home near Chicago burned. It is a near total loss.

(Ironically nothing to do with Christmas trees, or lights, it was a simple electrical fire... that spread)

What have others done in this situation.. With regards to antiques? And swords.

I had loads of medieval stuff, from earlier than the 16th century. Including swords, daggers, some armour. And later antiquities, 18th century flintlocks, British militaria from the Great War. Very valuable items, but without seperate insurance. These can't exactly be 'repaired'.

Anyone else gone through this? Your insight would be helpful!

Best,

Hadrian

Historia magistra vitae est
J. Hargis

PostPosted: Thu 26 Dec, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have no great words of wisdom, just allow me to express my sympathy, Hadrian. Damn bad luck, so sorry to read this. I guess the upside is, I assume, no one was injured.

Regards, Jon

A poorly maintained weapon is likely to belong to an unsafe and careless fighter.
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Thu 26 Dec, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: House Fire         Reply with quote

Hello,
First let me express my sympathy for your situation ... I went through a smaller version some 13 years back ... At that point I was renting a duplex - my collection was not what it is today(I currently have an addendum to my Homeowners to cover it)but my wife documented everything and provided the info to our Renters insurance and our entire claim was paid .
I don`t know if this info will be helpful or not ... But my suggestion - Document- Document- Document.
Good luck !
Tim Mathews

Tim Mathews
Loring Palleske

PostPosted: Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: House Fire         Reply with quote

Tim Mathews wrote:
Hello,
First let me express my sympathy for your situation ... I went through a smaller version some 13 years back ... At that point I was renting a duplex - my collection was not what it is today(I currently have an addendum to my Homeowners to cover it)but my wife documented everything and provided the info to our Renters insurance and our entire claim was paid .
I don`t know if this info will be helpful or not ... But my suggestion - Document- Document- Document.
Good luck !
Tim Mathews

And keep the documents somewhere else...

I've been through 2 house fires and unless you can prove an item's worth - it is very difficult to claim. I feel for you as I know your whole life is upside down.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > House Fire
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic