Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Help myArmoury.com by enhancing your membership Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 08 Jan, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Help myArmoury.com by enhancing your membership         Reply with quote

myArmoury.com is a personal project that has ended up being quite costly to maintain. We've grown to such a size that the we've had to find new methods of providing services to both fund our own publishing efforts as well as help offset the costs associated with keeping the site running.

We've recently made available several new membership plans and other services that provide enhanced functionality and new features to our members. You can help us meet our goals by purchasing an enhanced membership to the site.

All proceeds from the sales of memberships and services will serve to offset the bills for site hosting, maintenance, bandwidth charges, contest prizes, publishing usage rights, and the continued acquisition of hands-on review samples.

Please visit our Membership Plans and Services section for details.

Please visit our Contributor Center to read about other ways for you to add to myArmoury.com.

Thank you for your consideration.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just signed up for the Upgraded Membership, but I have no problem donating extra if it's needed. Just send me a PM or email Big Grin .
Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A thing to consider for those of you who might hesitate about upgrading your membership: think of how much this site has helped you, and will help you in the future. The reviews have hopefully steered you towards better purchases, thus saving you money. The articles and reference material are free, but would cost much more than $25 (or even $45) if you were to buy books, magazines, etc, to get equivalent material. The discussion forum has quickly established itself as a place for mature discussions on arms and armour. All in all, myArmoury is a great resource!

The contributors of articles and reviews work for free, reviewing weapons usually bought for hard-earned cash and using books from carefully collected personal libraries. The whole site is a labour of love, and it will remain that if enough people chip in. So what are you waiting for? Otherwise, we'll have to finance the site by publishing calendars of the myArmoury team in the buff, and you don't want that to happen! Wink

My sword site
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"Otherwise, we'll have to finance the site by publishing calendars of the myArmoury team in the buff, and you don't want that to happen! "

Personally I think this is the best reason of all to subscribe!

Let me give our participants another one. This is simply the best website of its kind on the web, as such it needs to be preserved and helped along with its continued growth. We often get into discussions on how important it is to support the makers involved in our community. Supporting a valuable knowledge resource like myArmoury.com is just as important.

There are some who genuinely can't afford it, and to them I still say "Welcome!" These people are, however, few and far between. The rest of us should consider how much we spent the last time we went to a movie, or went out to eat. How much gas did you use during that last road trip with your buddies? How much did you spend on Beer last month? It's all a matter of perspective and priority.

Knowledge is much higher on the priority list than Beer, cigarettes, or fancy food. At least it should be.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As much as Patrick au'natural makes me kinda tingly the checks in the mail! The quality of this site is far to high
to let it disappear as a resource .
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jan, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As you may or may not have noticed. Over the past several weeks, Nathan has a given me the opportunity to experiment with the premier account. It has a lot to offer. My only complaint is that I tend to upload many photos & 20MB may not be enough for me. Laughing Out Loud I encourage everyone to consider upgrading your accounts, whether it be to 'upgraded' or 'premier'. I would like everyone to consider the valid points made by Björn & Patrick above, and consider contributing to this great site, either it by donations, upgrading your account, contributing by submitting a review, etc.

Stephen
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
"Otherwise, we'll have to finance the site by publishing calendars of the myArmoury team in the buff, and you don't want that to happen! "

Well I for one would love to see the calendar with Patrick's Big Johnsson!!! I saw it for about a week - it is the biggest one that I have seen to date. Laughing Out Loud Eek!

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Actually, I'd love to see a Sword Calender. However, the logistics and expense might make it tough for myArmoury to do it.
Timothy Gulics

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Probably not -too- difficult. I think CafePress does up a yearly calendar... if you have a bunch of high-quality photos, you've got it made. Wink
The sword is my companion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shane Smith

PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sign me up .
Shane Smith
ARMA~ Virginia Beach

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Help myArmoury.com by enhancing your membership
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic