This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

H/T Viking sword for sale with matching custom made scabbard. Both grip and Scabbard are covered in the same color leather, a light tan. Leather was purchased from ebay as a remnant, I am pretty sure it is not vegetable tanned, but the color I liked and its a nice soft leather. The scabbard is a wood core scabbard I made myself. It's of "sandwich" method construction, not made using a router. It fits very snug, especially at the base of the blade, easily turned up side down and shook and the sword will not fall out. Bridge was made from oak and stained a mahogany. Leather is glued on over 2 risers, one at the top and one close to the bottom each finished with black cord to accent. I chose not to stitch this one. The blade on the sword was re-profiled ever so slightly at the tip to make it cleaner. It was a bit "off" in terms of symmetry when purchased. I then touched up the edge. Its pretty sharp, I imagine it could be made much sharper if you want to. It has no secondary bevel. I also worked on the blades finish as it was pretty rough when purchased. The blade will rattle some inside the scabbard if the scabbard is struck, its the point end of the sword with a lot of distal taper having some extra space between scabbard and blade, the base is tight and as mentioned, will not fall out when inverted. Quite tight.

Asking $225 for the package via Paypal, shipped in the USA.