New kris cutlery Celtic
I am on my iPad, so I can't link the item URL, but it is in stock at the we page with a bronze hilt and wood scabbard. I am a bit skeptical of the folded steel blade, seems unhistorical. But otherwise, a really attractive piece!

http://kriscutlery.com/documents/medieval.html
http://www.kriscutlery.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S...e=Medieval

Thoughts?
But I can take a screen shot of the page...

Attachment: 173.07 KB
[ Download ]
Seems heavy for a short sword.
Heavy a bit, yes....but that is freakin' sweet. I'll save my pennies..............McM
Well, it's not really "Celtic", it's an approximation of a *bronze* sword, actually Middle Bronze Age if I'm remembering correctly. And they've left off all the decoration that makes these swords so attractive. Below are some from the British Museum (photo by Jeroen Z).

Matthew

Attachment: 53.93 KB
BrMswrds2.jpg

Depending on how much brass there is, that might be remedied with some files.
What is historical weights?
1.5 to 2 pounds (600-850g) is typical. Less for shorter ones, a little more for really long ones (maybe even up to 1kg for really heavy ones).

About 2 pounds for biggish leaf blades (about 850g). So this one is about 50% heavier. This sword doesn't seem to be balanced very far out, so much have a chunky hilt (and probably doesn't think enough as the blade broadens).
Just for clarification, Kris Cutlery always states the shipping weight for calculating costs, not the actual weight of the object. This makes the number seem big; the ballock dagger, for instance, is listed as two pounds, which I doubt is its actual weight.
The weight is listed as 2.9-3.0 lbs. without scabbard (the shipping weight is 5 lbs). The weight isn't listed for all items, but it is for this one.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: