Go to page Previous  1, 2

That is a thing of such uncanny beauty that I can scarce believe man, machine or any combination thereof could craft it. I'm stunned! You are a very lucky man!
Vince and Grace never fail to impress. A wonderful sword from a wonderful swordsmith. You are a fortunate man, Russ.

Paul
Thanks for the stats!

Russ Ellis wrote:
I will say that in handling the sword is very much weighted forward as you can probably tell from the Balance Point. Thati is quite different then any of the other reproductions I have held.

I think you will find that if you spend some time with it, avoid jerky wrist-centered motion and instead use your power from the body-out like in Karate, and just let it go with the flow of its natural motion, this will start to feel quite right for its intended use.
Paul Mortimer wrote:
Vince and Grace never fail to impress. A wonderful sword from a wonderful swordsmith. You are a fortunate man, Russ.

Paul

Thanks Paul, that means a lot coming from a guy that has written at least one of the books! :) I still have every intent of making it over to your part of the world in the mid to near future and very much hope I have the chance to look you up or run into you at Sutton Hoo when I do.
J.D. Crawford wrote:
Thanks for the stats!

Russ Ellis wrote:
I will say that in handling the sword is very much weighted forward as you can probably tell from the Balance Point. Thati is quite different then any of the other reproductions I have held.

I think you will find that if you spend some time with it, avoid jerky wrist-centered motion and instead use your power from the body-out like in Karate, and just let it go with the flow of its natural motion, this will start to feel quite right for its intended use.

I will have to try that. It does lead to some interesting questions which I am going to have to spend some more time with Mr. Evans and the books to answer. :)
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: