Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A YOUTUBE Channel by Gordon Frye. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jul, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: A YOUTUBE Channel by Gordon Frye.         Reply with quote

Gordon Frye, a long time internet friend of mine and a longtime member here on this site, has a new YOUTUBE channel that has some interesting content and discussions about history and arms history. The number of people who know about this site is almost microscopic and the number of videos is still small, but the content is interesting and often amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8vT1O27x6o

Gordon also with his wife Nancy Frye have a Podcast with a lot more material " GORDON'S GUN CLOSET ":

http://csicon.fm/ggc/

These Podcasts deal with many topics with a lot of focus on 19th century firearms development and I found very deep in content and very entertaining.

Quote:
Gordon's Gun Closet
Gordon’s Gun Closet is a show hosted by historian Gordon Frye, devoted to the discussion of historical and otherwise interesting weapons. There’s something for everybody, whether you’re a historical re-enactor, Steampunk, collector, writer, action movie fan, or RPG (both meanings) gamer. New episodes to be released every two weeks.

Hosts: Gordon Frye and Nancy Frye.
Subscribe: Facebook and RSS.

And lastly, from the YOUTUBE channel an amusing CAT VIDEO ...... ELENOR VERSUS THE DOG Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8vT1O27x6o

Finally I posted this on my own initiative and Gordon didn't ask me to do this, or know about it at this writing.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Richard Worthington

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jul, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My goodness, Gordon is getting grey!

Say hi for me.
Gordon Frye

Reading list: 15 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean, thank you for the plug! Been a LONG while since I was a regular here, lots of water has passed under the bridge since then, but I hope that all is going well for the regulars here. I hope that Nathan has prospered in his chosen field, as well as running things here. Good fellow, and good times "back when"!

Hey Richard, haven't heard from you in a while! I saw some of the photo's you sent to your brother, looks like you guys run a high-end reenactment game there in Wisconsin! Good to see. (Though I did have my doubts that your "flatboat on the Mississippi" was actually a reenactmen: no fat guys, no guns! Couldn't be a real reenactment! ;^D) And yes, I've gotten a few extra grey hairs over the past what, 20 years since I've seen you? Oh well, lost a bunch of them in the meantime, too!

Anyway, thanks again for the plug Jean, and good to hear from you, Rich! I've been staying busy... (Below...)

Cheers!

Gordon

Attachment: 65.82 KB
Gordon and Velvet at Castello di Amarosa 2014.jpg

"After God, we owe our victory to our Horses"
Gonsalo Jimenez de Quesada
http://www.renaissancesoldier.com/
http://historypundit.blogspot.com/
Richard Worthington

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi, Gordon!

I've gotten a touch grey over the last twenty years myself. Nice armo(u)r. It was hard to find 20 years ago. Now there's some really nice stuff out there.

Since you're here, what do you know about silver plating before Sheffield plate? My query in the main forum hasn't had any replies.

I don't know if you ever saw this, from just over 20 years ago: painting by Mark Churms. I'm the guy on the left. The other Gordon's son Doug is loading the musket, center.

Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gordon Frye wrote:
Jean, thank you for the plug! Been a LONG while since I was a regular here, lots of water has passed under the bridge since then, but I hope that all is going well for the regulars here.

The cat video is worth a look all by itself: The impressive martial arts technique shown by the cat against that giant brute of a dog is something every HEMA martial artist should emulate ..... Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud

Observe the lightning reflexes of the cat, the economy of movement, the perfect timing and mastery of measure, courage and patience in the face of unrelenting provocation ......

O.K., all of the above is sort of " CLICK BAIT " to encourage more people to at least go see the cat video, maybe false advertising but hilarious none the same.

Here is the link again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8vT1O27x6o

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A YOUTUBE Channel by Gordon Frye.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic