Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anyone in the USA had a sword delivered by parcelforce.com? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Larry New

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Anyone in the USA had a sword delivered by parcelforce.com?         Reply with quote

My commissioned sword from Rob Miller of Castle Keep in Scotland was shipped global priority using a service called parcelforce. Anyone here have an idea of what to expect as far as receiving the package? I assume customs will delay shipping. Rob said it will take 5-7 days for delivery...thanks, Larry
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Larry,
Parcelforce delivers it to your customs,
then your postal either UPS or USPS bring it on to you,
the tracking number you may have, will convert your side in and around clearing customs,
Never had a problem with swords going your way except the cost differences we have, compared to your services, which in my mind are a steal,
So in your position, I wouldn't be too worried bar the wait,
but over here, parcelforce can be either excellent or not, not much middle ground, but been ok of late, Wink.
Don't forget, pic's and thoughts on your sword, good choice, Rob does some really nice work, stellar chap too,
Larry New

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks kind sir! I will post thoughts and pics when she arrives....Larry
Mark Griffin

Location: The Welsh Marches, in the hills above Newtown, Powys.

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wish you all the best with this and hope it gives you no problems. All I can say is that I usually refer to them as 'Parcelfarce'.
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I cannot remember the shipper for certain, it may have been Parcelforce - I know it was one with which I was not familiar, but I bought a sword from Armour Class two years ago that arrived 48 hours after I was notified of the shipment. I thought that was amazingly fast. I hope you are as fortunate. Customs did not delay anything.
Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Will come UPS or USPS or whatever. As the destination, you most likely won't notice any difference from any other kind of delivery and assuming Rob did everything right it is likely to get to you faster than expected. I've recently purchased bicycle wheels out of the UK which are light but bulky and had them here in three business days with free shipping from the vendor. So overall, at least from Western Europe, it can be pretty much the same as buying from Ebay, Amazon, here or whatever.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mark Griffin wrote:
I wish you all the best with this and hope it gives you no problems. All I can say is that I usually refer to them as 'Parcelfarce'.

LOL,
Pooforce was my general referral for a good few years mate,
but stuff going overseas hasn't been an issue, whole different ball game coming this way though, as you already know,Wink
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I ship to the US regularly and personally have found Parcel force, which is the parcel delivery arm of the generally excellent Royal Mail to be very good, though due to the weight of items I send I usually fine cheaper options.

I would say that Robs' estimate of 5-7 days is about right and there is no worry if he has filled out the customs form. In 12 years of shipping to the US I have only ever had one parcel go missing and that was due to no customs form.

USPS does have a black hole that things sometimes drop into for a couple of weeks, but they inevitably get vomited out at some point.

My only tip (as a shipper) is that USPS often does not leave a note to say they have attempted delivery, so if you know it is on the way stay in close contact with your local USPS office.

Dont worry - it will get to you, very likely in 3-5 days possibly up to 10 and in exceptional circumstances within3-4 weeks - but you will get it.

Oh - and it will be worth the wait.

Tod

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Larry New

PostPosted: Wed 27 Nov, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks so much gents for the advice. much appreciated....Larry
Larry New

PostPosted: Fri 29 Nov, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It looks like parcelforce delivered very quickly to the US but its now stuck in the abysmal black hole of the NY customs arm of the USPS. Who knows when it will get cleared now..what a joke
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Fri 29 Nov, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Larry New wrote:
It looks like parcelforce delivered very quickly to the US but its now stuck in the abysmal black hole of the NY customs arm of the USPS. Who knows when it will get cleared now..what a joke

Consider it also a holiday weekend. If the package is in your hands within ten working days, I would say that is pretty much the norm. I have only waited for one through the pf,worldwide priority and then usps and I had some of the same worries but the odd thin carpenter's saw shaped carton showed up hand delivered and with all pages of the pf paperwork still taped by one end and flying in the breeze (as it were). Inside was a very large 18th century cavalry sabre.

Keep in mind seven days are business days and not calendar days. You should be clear of NY customs by Sunday tracking updates.

Cheers

GC

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anyone in the USA had a sword delivered by parcelforce.com?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic