Grotesque Helms
Does anyone know of any scholarship on grotesque and other parade helms?
i think the met museum of art has a few publications on helms around that time period oof, i think 1450 - 1650 plus a few other things
That's right, the Met has made a good number of out-of-print books available for free download through their website, at least one of which will likely be of interest to you: Heroic Armor of the Italian Renaissance: Filippo Negroli and his Contemporaries, Pyhrr, Stuart W., and José-A. Godoy, with essays and a compilation of documents by Silvio Leydi (1998). Here is a link to the specific publication.

-Hildebrandt
Jeffrey Hildebrandt wrote:
That's right, the Met has made a good number of out-of-print books available for free download through their website, at least one of which will likely be of interest to you: Heroic Armor of the Italian Renaissance: Filippo Negroli and his Contemporaries, Pyhrr, Stuart W., and José-A. Godoy, with essays and a compilation of documents by Silvio Leydi (1998). Here is a link to the specific publication.

-Hildebrandt

Thanks a lot, that is really cool. I was thinking there might not be much, because these helmets tend to be ignored for some reason.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: