Some daggers from newbie :)
Hello!

It's my first post here, on myArmoury, after few years of watching and reading- thanks for all that knowledge and pieces of beauty which you share!

I'd like to show you some of my works, it would be pleasure to know what do you think of them. My speciality are daggers, but I'll also show some other sharp stuff :) So feel free to ask and comment, I'm eager to listen!

Best regards, Marcin

Rondel dagger based on the dagger from the Royal Armouries, Leeds. Spring steel blade with steel button shaped rondels and bog oak handle. Nickel siler reinforcing band and brass wire inlay. Overal lenght 62,5cm, blade 51 cm long, 31mm wide, 5mm thick. Scabard made out of three layers of non-waxed leather with nickel silver chape. Weights 470 grams.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Another rondel dagger, this time based on customer drawings. Spring steel blade with bog oak handle and bog oak plates. All fittings are silver coated brass. Wooden scabbard.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Messer based on photos of Silesian artifact. Spring steel blade, steel fittings and water buffalo horn handle scales. Natural leather covered wooden scabbard. Dimensions will be added later, when I find them :)

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Last edited by Marcin Sobala on Sun 24 Nov, 2013 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
And few eating sets:

Triple eating set for a chef. High speed steel blades 2,5mm thick, with ash burl/brass/buffalo horn handles. Leather scabbard. Big knife has a blade 170 mm long and 52 wide.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

A little eating set, made out mostly of snippets :) Tool steel blade, bone/horn, bronze and red tinted birch.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Simple eating set. Tool steel, black buffalo horn and brass fittings enclosed in leather scabbard. Some says it's "girlish" ;P

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Best regards, M.
Very, very nice!
I hope you will continue contributing. The messer was my absolute favorite of these items. Very nice work!
Very beautiful pieces. I especially like the red tinted birch handles on one of the eating sets.
Where have you been all this time? Fantastic work! Beautiful!......McM
I think your work looks very nice and very thoughtful. Well done!
Very nice work - thanks for posting!
Gorgeous! I love the long rondels and the messer. The placement of the nagel on the messer looks odd to me. I see that it was that way in the original, I wonder if the first finger was meant to go over it? Interesting...
Hello Marcin. I'm glad to see you here :D
Welcome Marcin,

Really nice work. I especially like the first rondel and the eating sets, looks like nice attention to detail and standard of finish.
Hello!

Thanks for such a warm welcome, guys! :)

@ Mark- I've been in my cave, learning, forging and grinding :)
@ Tim- unfortunately I don't know any details about that messer, but I agree that the nagel placed like this is rarely seen. Below there are some photos of messer of similar period and territory, with "nagel" on the handle, not on the guard, too.

And some photos- this time, besides more daggers, I would like to show you some of my toys :) I realize that many of you have much superior workshops, but those few little things are with me for short time and I'm still very happy to finaly own them :D

Small lathe, old soviet style :P Date of production around 1960, weights 300 kilos. Unfortunately her abielieties hasn't been tested yet ;)
[ Linked Image ]

Belt grinder with vavariable frequency drive.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Heat treatment oven with digital temperature control.

[ Linked Image ]

And a some stuff: messer, eaitng set and sword scabbard with fittings.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Eating set, tool steel blade, bog oak handle with brass fittings ab brass & silver inlays.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Messer based on Silsesian excavations, spring steel blade, bog oak handle adorned with sterling silver pinwork and wooden scabbard with nickel silver chape.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Thanks for visiting! :)
Jealous as hell............Way jealous. You just stay in your cave......and keep on creating these works of art! Beautiful!!!........McM
Stunning work, Marcin, absolutely beautiful!
I love how you just show up out of nowhere with your amazing pieces...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: