‘As Tough as Old Boots’? A Study of Hardened Leather Armour
Does anyone have this in a working link or PDF? I'm very interested in Master Chris Dobson's research and work with hardened leather. Full name of the article I pulled from his website:

‘As Tough as Old Boots’? A Study of Hardened Leather Armour. Part 1: Techniques of Manufacture (lecture and paper, IAAConference, Art and Arms. Florence, City of the Medici, 2003)

Thanks.
Its included in this book(ebook)
Here's the link http://chrisdobson.net/2003%20IAAConference%20Proceedings.html
It seems he's going publish a book specifically on the subject this year.
This link is just taking me to the Adobe website. Anyone else having better luck getting it in PDF?
I get to his website, but can't actually find out how to download the e-book.
I've been trying to get a copy of this paper from various sources for almost ten years and have had no luck.
On his website it says that the book in question will be available "later in 2013"...maybe it's just not out yet.
Ok, the article isn't a PDF (or at least none that I've been able to find), it's in the top book, the link I posted before showed you. This is in print, the bottom book is forthcoming.This link will take you to the page where he gives purchase details, it's the second book from the bottom.

http://chrisdobson.net/online_bookstore.html
Sorry forgot to correct something it's a hard copy book, not ebook or PDF.
I asked Mr Dobson about the upcoming e-book on cuir bouilli. He replied:

Dear Mr Brokamp,

Unfortunately I have had to abandon that project, at least as a book on its own. The reason is that I have found I never sell enough books or ebooks on arms and armour to make it worthwhile doing it. It's a pity, but I have to be realistic. Sorry.

Regards,
Chris Dobson

So, no e-book guys.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: