I figure this MIGHT go here.
This is a customized 1518

Attachment: 78.31 KB
1518hp.JPG

and hilt

Should be to me soon!!!

Attachment: 91.47 KB
1518hp hilt.JPG

Sweet... can you tell us more about this baby?
Well, we call it custom because its the blade from the 1518, but the pommel is the beak breaker type found on swords such as the EKS. The guard is Gus's new downturned spike which features an eccussion. The grip has 3 bands and covered with Green leather.
Sorry i didnt add more info before, i wanted the pics to some talking before i started blabbing on.
Basically Gus Stock 1518 shown on all saints, has a heavier pommel, Which bring the COB back some. By switching to a lighter pommel, turns this sword into a "hellava cutter" as Gus says.
To my knowledge, this is the second sword with this pommel configuration, but this is the first 1518 with all the other goodies.
I also requested Gus's thinner sharper edge, since most of my cutting will be bottles and mats, not heavy targets.
Neat fact: The stock 1518 weighs 2 lbs 2 Oz according to Allsaints, but with the lighter pommel, it has brought the weight down to an amazing 2 lbs even!
Gus also had my Ranger sword which was seeing some resharpening this past week. I requested that he test this sword and the ranger sword out. He and Alex chin did some cutting with them. The most amazing feat was Alex getting 14 cuts on one 2 L bottle without the bottle falling. Thats rather impressive.
I also got the leather scabbard, but this one of their new ones that are wet molded and feature the fuller molding to the outside of the scabbard.
Cant wait to see this thing in real life. I'll be sure to post more pics when i get her, if you like

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: