Custom Katzbalger dagger from A&A
Last year I picked up an amazing two-hand katzbalger sword made by Arms & Armor. I absolutely love the sword and thought it would be cool to have a matching dagger. I contacted Craig at A&A and we discussed the details. A few months later and voila'...Craig and his amazing artisans delivered this 17 inch masterpiece....................Larry

[img][/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img][/img]
Hello
Great set ! Congrats:-)
Yup. I want it.

That is all.
While A & A construction is generally high quality (I have six of their offerings) I do wish they would vary their grip wraps, or at least show us some historically valid variations that would be available upon request. They seem to default to the same old matte pigskin piece after piece.
Nonetheless, this is a fine katzbalger dagger. Thanks for showing.

Jon

J. Hargis wrote:
I do wish they would vary their grip wraps

You do know that they can do whatever type of grip you ask for, don't you?

Awesome dagger! How about a pic of them together?
Tim, I am quite aware that they will do whatever one requests, but what I said was:
Quote:
I do wish they would vary their grip wraps, or at least show us some historically valid variations that would be available upon request. They seem to default to the same old matte pigskin piece after piece..
That's a somewhat different topic than yours.

courtesy of Albion Swords:
[ Linked Image ]

Regards, Jon
Interesting thing that one can never be sure about with forum photos, but it looks like the lines on their blades might just be getting a bit cleaner than I've seen, at least in the past. Nice sword!
That's a very handsome and fierce looking dagger.
Joe Fults wrote:
Interesting thing that one can never be sure about with forum photos, but it looks like the lines on their blades might just be getting a bit cleaner than I've seen, at least in the past. Nice sword!
Indeed Joe, my A & A 12th Century Sword, while very solid has a less than exquisite wavy blade. However, Larry's blades appear quite well done.
I've always thought that A & A needed to up their game, so close, but not quite there. Consistency apparently is a problem, IMO.

Jon
i like A&A's production work, but their custom stuff is where i think they really shine.
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. I apologize wholeheartedly for my crappy photography skills. The lines on both the dagger and the sword are crisp, clean and gorgeous. I've included a few more shots to show the lines........Larry

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]
[img][/img]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: