My new kriegsmesser
Hello
I just got this kriegmesser from, Stanislav Prosek, at mac_armour.cz To say i`am very pleased would be an understatement:-) He got it as close to my idea, as I could have wanted.Here are some of the pics he sent me(he`s photographer than me.)

Attachment: 67.55 KB
DSC_0134.JPG

Attachment: 49.93 KB
DSC_0146.JPG

Attachment: 69.28 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 98.36 KB
[ Download ]
That's very cool. Are the design elements of your own inspiration, or did you use an original as a base? I love the aesthetic of it, well done.
Really, really cool! I have a soft spot in my heart for kriegsmessers and this one is great! Was it inspired by any originals or is it all yours?
Hello
It is purely fantasy,i dont know of any existing like this. I loved the blade on the, Orcrist sword, in the Hobbit movie,And thought a cleaver/falcata type blade would be cool on a messer.And i wanted a wing-ish motif overall,(he did a great job on that).
A really beautiful sword. Really like the design you came up with.
Karl Knisley wrote:
Hello
It is purely fantasy,i dont know of any existing like this. I loved the blade on the, Orcrist sword, in the Hobbit movie,And thought a cleaver/falcata type blade would be cool on a messer.And i wanted a wing-ish motif overall,(he did a great job on that).

It wound up being just awesome! I bet it's a beast too! The shorter blade with the 2 handed grip has got to be wicked!
very nice, it has that authentic could be of the period feel, with a blaze of fantasy inspiration. the blade itself is very unique.
Aesthetically very pleasant design, it also looks practical as a real using sword.

Sort of could be what one would imagine as a weapon in Game of Thrones or any other very good fantasy novel.

Really great art piece and sound weapon design. :D :cool:
I've always liked that kriegmessers use a full-tang design, it just seems so much more sturdy to me than the traditional hidden tang on most swords. But I've never seen a Kriegmesser who's aesthetics I really liked until now. Job very well done to the smith, and congratulations to you on a gorgeous sword.

Any chance we could see a photo straight on from the side? With the sword at an angle in both of your shots it's hard to get an accurate idea of the blade length compared to the hilt.
[quote]
Any chance we could see a photo straight on from the side? With the sword at an angle in both of your shots it's hard to get an accurate idea of the blade length compared to the hilt.

Hello
The third pic is a profile shot.But here`s another...

Attachment: 69.28 KB
[ Download ]
Karl Knisley wrote:
... purely fantasy ,i dont know of any existing like this.

Fantasy, but without being cartoonish. It's not difficult to imagine a real historical example. Damn fine piece. Thanks for showing us.

Jon
J. Hargis wrote:
Karl Knisley wrote:
... purely fantasy ,i dont know of any existing like this.

Fantasy, but without being cartoonish. It's not difficult to imagine a real historical example. Damn fine piece. Thanks for showing us.

Jon

I agree, that's what I like so much about it. I don't care for fantasy weapons that don't look functional. This one looks just as useful and affective as the historical examples I've seen.

Thanks Karl, for some reason when I opened the thread it only showed the first two pictures, now I see the third and fourth.
Damn I want that, looks great man! :surprised:
considering the huge variety of odd designs in weapons during the late medieval period i feel convinced that you would find hilt furniture almost identical to yours in some private collection or hidden armoury
Pleasing to the eye and I always admire people that can see something that does not exist that well. I rarely can...at least not artistically...and at least not in a way that makes me happy with the end result. I hope its as neat in the hand as it is in the picture!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: