Considering all of the features for this week's site update, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
67%
 67%  [ 29 ]
Very Good
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Good
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Fair
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

Dec 20: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
Spotlight: The Scottish Dirk
An article by Chad Arnow

[ Linked Image ]
Vince Evans Ballock Dagger
A hands-on review by Chad Arnow

[ Linked Image ]
Vince Evans Scottish Dirk
A hands-on review by Chad Arnow

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
Another wonderful update! Great content, Chad and Nathan!
Excellent job guys! Great article & reviews Chad.

Nathan, your illustration showing the blade geometry of the ballock dagger is an awesome professional touch.

:cool:
Once again, great reviews and nice spotlight article...thanx Chad & Nathan

Bill
Thanks for the kind words, guys. It was a fun set to work on. I always learn something in the process of writing these articles. My only worry was that the heavily Scot-centric theme would only interest a small group. I think I was mistaken. :)

Stephen,
I agree about Nathan's illustration. It's even better than what I was looking for. He does great work.
Great work! Chad.
Do you have a good picture of tip end on that Vince Evans Ballock Dagger?
That would be Royal Excellent to see, i really like that blade with the fuller on backend of it. :D

OOH!
and i like that blade to, second from lower end on this picture who looks like a old style seax blade :cool:
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:
Great work! Chad.
Do you have a good picture of tip end on that Vince Evans Ballock Dagger?
That would be Royal Excellent to see, i really like that blade with the fuller on backend of it. :D

OOH!
and i like that blade to, second from lower end on this picture who looks like a old style seax blade :cool:

Patrik,
Thanks! I took a bunch of pics, but I'm not sure any really show the cross-section toward the tip. In profile, it looks fairly plain. Viewed from the spine or at an angle, it's pretty cool. I'll check my pics at home later to see if I have anything good to post.
Here are some photos from my album:

http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/photo/6913.html
http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/photo/6902.html

I'll see what else is on my hard drive at home later.
Patrik,
I couldn't find any good angles at home, so I took some more pictures. :) It's tough to really show it though.

I have to leave for the airport in an hour and a half, so I don't have time to crop them down and make them look nice. I'll try to post them next week.
I can wait Chad :D
The funny is, in a fast look on it (Blade) its just look as a simple blade,
but in the review, it full of hidden stuff and function's, a really eye opener :cool:

[ Linked Image ]
In an e-mail, my brother wrote:
I hit myArmoury.com. Excellent!! Great pictures and the articles are slightly more intelligent than "101 things to smash with a mace". Very impressed.

Chad Arnow wrote:
My only worry was that the heavily Scot-centric theme would only interest a small group.

To a certain extent, it does only interest a small group, but the same could be true of focusing on Oakeshott XVI's or Mortuary swords, or anything else. My focus is not on things Scotish, but I still find the articles and reviews worth reading. Besides, the update about Oakeshott XVI's was as close to being tailor made for me as is possible; I figure it is someone else's turn. Share, that's what my mommy always said.

Really liked the ballock dagger review. I thought I that was one weapon that I could forego, now I want one. Is there a disclaimer somewher on this site that says something to the effect of "reviewers and writers will not be held responsible for indivuals who, inspired by such reviews or articles, spend all of there money on really cool stuff."? Maybe there should be. :D

-Grey

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: