SOLD: Angus Trim Maker's Mark XVIa w/ Crusader Monk Scabbard
***This sword has been sold. Thanks for looking!***

I really hate to let this one go, as it is one of my favorite swords of all time, but I am augmenting my firearms collection and need to let a couple items slide.

This is a exceptionally rare Angus Trim Maker's Mark Type XVIa, originally purchased though Christian Fletcher. It is the epitome of a perfect bastard sword, graceful and fast in either one hand or both. It's wide shouldered blade with acute profile lends it to be extremely agile in the cut. As I said, this is one of my favorite swords of all time. Hold it in your hand once, and you will feel what I am talking about.

The sword is hex nut construction, however, the peen has been covered with a fake peen. This false peen is done so well, that no one who has ever held it has identified it as a fake peen. The hex nut has been locktited on, so there is absolutely no reason to ever remove it. However, if you wanted to, you could easily. Just pop off the fake peen and use your allen wrench to take her apart.

The sword is rock solid with a nice bell tone when struck. The blade is in better than perfect condition with no problems, nicks, scratches, or the like. The edge is nice and sharp. The furniture has been lightly antiqued for aesthetics. The copper medallions are permanently attached to the pommel with epoxy.

The scabbard is one from my shoppe. It is made from kiln-dried poplar with a veg tan leather cover. The cover is black, accented with a simple mild steel chape. The suspension is an integrated shoulder baldric done in antique red with incised line and floret rivet décor. The rivets are removable via screw back so that that other buckles could be easily added if desired.

I am asking $800 USD SHIPPED CONUSfor the entire package. That's only $550 for the sword and $250 for the scabbard/suspension. NO INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS or TRADE OFFERS on this package please!

This is one of a very scant few of these swords in existence. If you want one, now would be the time to get it. Don't let this awesome blade pass you by.

PM me here if you are interested. This sword will not last long.

Stats:

Type: Oakeshott Type XVIa
OAL: 43.0"
Blade Length: 33.0"
Grip Length: 8.0"
Cross Width: 8.0"
Weight: 2lbs, 10oz

More info here!

http://www.sword-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17347

Last edited by JE Sarge on Tue 17 Sep, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
PM sent. I hope that I'm in time to get this Lovely
Drat!

A Pox on your left tennis shoe Roger, you beat me to it by seconds
David Lewis Smith wrote:
Drat!

A Pox on your left tennis shoe Roger, you beat me to it by seconds

Somebody over at SBG might possibly have beaten us both. I've learned from bitter experience that you need to pounce at once on something like this.

In my opinion, the Makers Mark swords show Gus at the height of his art. I've got another one, the Type XIII Triple Fuller (later the AT1326) and swords don't get much better than that one.
I'm the lucky guy that bought it. :D
Roger Hooper wrote:
I'm the lucky guy that bought it. :D

Nice snag, Roger, congrats!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: