Go to page Previous  1, 2

I can only echo what has been said by everyone above: congratulations and thanks to Nathan, the moderators and all the various contributors who make this site such an interesting and valuable resource. Long may it continue.
Neil
Happy anniversary to all of you, friends!

Many thanks to Nathan and all moderator team, who make myArmoury running through all these years!
For me, this is a special place, almost second home, filled with knowledge and good forum-mates.

Cheers!
Happy birthday to myArmoury! I love this forum, it's always friendly and informative.
I'd also like to add my appreciation to the people who created and maintain this site, and everyone who contributes.

This was one of the first resources I stumbled across after a decade of being too busy with kids and such to think about anything but work. And outside of some books (primarily Oakeshott's), this remains the most important resource for my favorite hobby.

Looking back, it seems funny to me now that apparently I started reading this site only about 6 months after it 'went public' and it seemed at that time to have existed for many years. Everyone seemed to be such an expert, I was afraid to write anything for more than two years.

I bet there's a lot more people like that now. Well, my advice now is, don't be afraid to speak up! We all have something to say.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Has it been a decade already? My, my. The contacts I made in this community and industry through my involvement in this site have proven to be very worthwhile over the years. I formed friendships that remain to this day, and quite a few industry professionals know my name thanks to myArmoury. I've had access to a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise and I'll always be grateful for that. May there be another decade down the road.

Yes. same thing for me, time really passes quickly. :surprised:

Quote:
I formed friendships that remain to this day

I think I found the site through a link at Albion in 2003 and joined into discussion about 6 months later with a membership, and have been " posting comments occasionally " since then ....... ;) :p :lol:
Best wishes and happy anniversary to myArmoury. I wish y'all many, many more!
Thank you so much for this place Nathan. I know I really don't contribute much at all but man I'd have been lost without this site. I come here every day and come away having learned something new every time. Happy anniversary to myArmoury.com and thank you for all the effort you put in keeping these doors open.
Congratulations to Nathan and crew! In the mercurial world of the internet, having a site up for a decade is a pretty impressive accomplishment. Maintaining the quality of the site is an accomplishment as well.

I would also like to add some kudos for those who participate here, for the most part those here govern themselves rather than having to have constant moderator intervention. That to is unusual on the web, and a real testament to the quality of the people that find their way here.
Russ Ellis wrote:
Congratulations to Nathan and crew! In the mercurial world of the internet, having a site up for a decade is a pretty impressive accomplishment. Maintaining the quality of the site is an accomplishment as well.

I would also like to add some kudos for those who participate here, for the most part those here govern themselves rather than having to have constant moderator intervention. That to is unusual on the web, and a real testament to the quality of the people that find their way here.

I think that we are a bit late compared to previous years having a fund raising to pay for the hosting costs for the site and help Nathan pay for all " OUR FUN " and keep this site active and not have Nathan to pay for it all from his own pocket.

Maybe Nathan can start a new Topic thread to make a donation drive official ? ;) :D
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: