Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > myArmoury Ten Year Anniversary Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Neil Melville

PostPosted: Tue 20 Aug, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can only echo what has been said by everyone above: congratulations and thanks to Nathan, the moderators and all the various contributors who make this site such an interesting and valuable resource. Long may it continue.
Neil

N Melville
Boris Bedrosov
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 20 Aug, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy anniversary to all of you, friends!

Many thanks to Nathan and all moderator team, who make myArmoury running through all these years!
For me, this is a special place, almost second home, filled with knowledge and good forum-mates.

Cheers!

"Everyone who has the right to wear a long sword, has to remember that his sword is his soul,
and he has to separate from it when he separates from his life"
Tokugawa Ieyasu

Find my works on Facebook:
Boris Bedrosov's Armoury
Alan Schiff
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 20 Aug, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy birthday to myArmoury! I love this forum, it's always friendly and informative.
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 21 Aug, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd also like to add my appreciation to the people who created and maintain this site, and everyone who contributes.

This was one of the first resources I stumbled across after a decade of being too busy with kids and such to think about anything but work. And outside of some books (primarily Oakeshott's), this remains the most important resource for my favorite hobby.

Looking back, it seems funny to me now that apparently I started reading this site only about 6 months after it 'went public' and it seemed at that time to have existed for many years. Everyone seemed to be such an expert, I was afraid to write anything for more than two years.

I bet there's a lot more people like that now. Well, my advice now is, don't be afraid to speak up! We all have something to say.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 23 Aug, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Has it been a decade already? My, my. The contacts I made in this community and industry through my involvement in this site have proven to be very worthwhile over the years. I formed friendships that remain to this day, and quite a few industry professionals know my name thanks to myArmoury. I've had access to a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise and I'll always be grateful for that. May there be another decade down the road.

Yes. same thing for me, time really passes quickly. Surprised

Quote:
I formed friendships that remain to this day

I think I found the site through a link at Albion in 2003 and joined into discussion about 6 months later with a membership, and have been " posting comments occasionally " since then ....... Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Pamela Muir

Reading list: 34 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 25 Aug, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Best wishes and happy anniversary to myArmoury. I wish y'all many, many more!
Pamela Muir

Founder/Lead Instructor
Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts

"I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight." ~Steinman/Pitchford
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this place Nathan. I know I really don't contribute much at all but man I'd have been lost without this site. I come here every day and come away having learned something new every time. Happy anniversary to myArmoury.com and thank you for all the effort you put in keeping these doors open.
Winter is coming
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations to Nathan and crew! In the mercurial world of the internet, having a site up for a decade is a pretty impressive accomplishment. Maintaining the quality of the site is an accomplishment as well.

I would also like to add some kudos for those who participate here, for the most part those here govern themselves rather than having to have constant moderator intervention. That to is unusual on the web, and a real testament to the quality of the people that find their way here.

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Congratulations to Nathan and crew! In the mercurial world of the internet, having a site up for a decade is a pretty impressive accomplishment. Maintaining the quality of the site is an accomplishment as well.

I would also like to add some kudos for those who participate here, for the most part those here govern themselves rather than having to have constant moderator intervention. That to is unusual on the web, and a real testament to the quality of the people that find their way here.

I think that we are a bit late compared to previous years having a fund raising to pay for the hosting costs for the site and help Nathan pay for all " OUR FUN " and keep this site active and not have Nathan to pay for it all from his own pocket.

Maybe Nathan can start a new Topic thread to make a donation drive official ? Wink Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > myArmoury Ten Year Anniversary
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: