Origin of a sword ?
Hello !
I have a interesting short sword who i have trying to track the origin of . i believe it might be from france maybe 17th Century because of the french lily on its side. the blade is molded on one side and flat on the other as you can see on the pictures .Any help is good thanks . / Mattias

Attachment: 119.25 KB
sword1.jpg

Attachment: 99.51 KB
sword2.JPG

Attachment: 77.97 KB
sword3.JPG

Attachment: 78.34 KB
sword4.JPG

The blade look pretty old, but it does not match the guard, which is obviously cast metal. It's a hodge-podge put together by someone to sell. Hope you didn't pay a lot for it. And........I may be totally wrong. :wtf: .......McM
American fraternal sword, late 19th/early 20th century. Please post straight on pictures of both sides of the guard and overall of the sword.

Masonic Knight's Templar or other. Post both sides (clearly) of the guard and I will thumb through the current bible.

The fleur de lis was used much earlier that the 17th century but this is a "modern" fraternal sword.

Cheers

GC

Edit to add Welcome and also to add that there were and are freemasons around the world. The sword though appears to be of the American Sottish Rite Royal Arch categories.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: