Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Custom Handmade Scabbard: Albion Vigil 7-20-2013 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Brian K.
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Custom Handmade Scabbard: Albion Vigil 7-20-2013         Reply with quote

Hello myArmoury community,

I love this sword, so I'm really glad when I get to make a scabbard for it. This one features a single-belt suspension harness, custom hand done tooling (including a custom designed stag). The coloring is a light russet with cordovan belt. Comments & questions welcome!

More (larger) images can be seen here: http://www.dbkcustomswords.com/custscabbs/CPAlbionVigil.html

Brian Kunz
www.dbkcustomswords.com
Jason McEntee

PostPosted: Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

WOW---incredible work. What would the cost be on something like that, if I may ask?
"You see, a sword is three feet of tempered steel---with death dancing on every inch, and hanging like a dark star on the very point."
--Ronald Lacey, as Oswald, from Sword Of The Valiant, 1984
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(11 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 20 Jul, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great work Brian! Your tooling has gotten beyond ridiculous. The stag is just great.
Meng Lee Khaw

PostPosted: Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hehe, I got the wolf:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/404496_484463108255960_2026080906_n.jpg

Someone has the Lion:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945025_516922795009991_1881034399_n.jpg

And the Stag is now ready to be bought...The Starks, Lannisters and House Baratheon represent!
Rune Vildhoj

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jul, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian,
As always it is a pleasure seeing the crisp lines and detail of your leatherwork. At times it's hard to imagine how it could be any sharper or more precise from the hand of a mere human - you are spoiling us, honestly.
General level of craftmanship aside, this piece has the little extras in the imbedded artwork and symbology which really makes it pop. Various leafs, both prominent in raised relief and more subtle elsewhere, the fleur-de-lis featureing both as large scale ornament on the belt and on a smaller scale within the leatherwork of the scabbard itself.. A very nice design in itself, but one which is also highly consistent with all other elements - the stag, the colours of the leather and metalworks chosen for the belt - giving a sylvan and somewhat rustic expression.
Adherence to period style versus more modern sentiments in design will always be a personal choice, however this is clearly a successful project worth a praise!

And, as an addendum, it is also fascinating to see how you keep developing and refinig particular elements of artwork used as a base for the tooled design - keep up the good work!
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jul, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Beautiful scabbard Brian.
Brian K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jul, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason McEntee wrote:
WOW---incredible work. What would the cost be on something like that, if I may ask?

Thanks Jason. Feel free to PM me or shoot me a email in regards to pricing.

Tim Lison wrote:
Great work Brian! Your tooling has gotten beyond ridiculous. The stag is just great.

Thanks Tim! The stag was a real pleasure to design & tool, and the client was extremely pleased!

Meng Lee Khaw wrote:
Hehe, I got the wolf:

Someone has the Lion:

And the Stag is now ready to be bought...The Starks, Lannisters and House Baratheon represent!

Thanks Meng! Fortunately for me, the Stag scabbard here is already purchased Wink Big Grin

Rune Vildhoj wrote:
And, as an addendum, it is also fascinating to see how you keep developing and refinig particular elements of artwork used as a base for the tooled design - keep up the good work!

I have to say Rune, it's your scabbard that propelled me on to this path, and I must say it's a path I'm glad I took. It's taken my tooling abilities to new heights.

William Swiger wrote:
Beautiful scabbard Brian.

Thanks Bill!

Brian Kunz
www.dbkcustomswords.com
Daniel Wallace

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jul, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i like how the stag looks like a wall mounted stuffed trophy. right now everyone in West Virgina and South Western Pa would be drooling over that.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Custom Handmade Scabbard: Albion Vigil 7-20-2013
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic