Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Lutel Katzbalger 13007 – UK/ Europe onlyRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: For Sale: Lutel Katzbalger 13007 – UK/ Europe only         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Specs:
Blade length – 26 5/8”
Blade width at cross – 1 ½”
Overall length – 32”
Weight – 3lb 0.5oz

This is another lovely little sword. In as-new condition, hasn’t been used to cut with – just display. Comes with a thick leather scabbard with brass chape plates.

As you can see from the stats, it’s quite a small sword, but it has a lot of heft which is primarily in the grip and caused by the large pommel and cross. The pommel is massive (like most katzbalgers), and is very nicely done, as is the twisted steel cross. The grip is wood, and everything is held together by a decorative hexagonal brass nut.

The blade is very sharp, with proper edge geometry and no secondary bevel. There’s a good satin polish to the flat of the blade, which leaves the triple fullers dark for a nice contrast. There is distal taper down the blade, ending in an almost paper thin spatulate tip which is painfully sharp in itself! I haven't cut with this, but if I were to, I couldn't imagine it would have much of an issue slicing most things you put in front of it!

RRP from Lutel would be around £350 plus a wait and postage. I’m asking £250 for this, including postage in the UK. For European deliveries, I will split postage.

I accept payment by paypal (please add 3%), bank transfer, cash, or cheque. Please pm or e-mail me on a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk if you’re interested.

Cheers,
Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Price drop for this lovely little sword! But not a big one - this sword's too nice! Big Grin

£220 inc UK p&p - buyer still to pay paypal fees.

This is as low as I'm willing to go, as it's a nice nifty sword and it's not taking too much space up on my wall...

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bumpety bump!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Lutel Katzbalger 13007 – UK/ Europe onlyRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic