ladder pattern danish 2 hander project
Hi im making a ladder pattern Danish 2 hander it was going to be a claymore but the billet did not turn out the way I was planning so I changed to a thicker blade design and there was some lack of motivation as well but now its all go again and its ready to go back into the mill to cut the profile.

the 2 picks are the blade shape and what the pattern will look like it is the off cut from the billet

Attachment: 86.23 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 92.03 KB
[ Download ]
I can't wait to see this! Two handers are my main interest so I was watching this when it was a Claymore project but I'm even more excited to see a Danish design. If you have the time and inclination seeing a rough etch of the steel would be cool.
I'm excited to see this, Craig your last latter pattern projects you shared with us came out great.
small update almost ready for heat treat just need to refine the hilt area also this thing is 1450mm long just done a quick etch for u to have a look at.

Attachment: 92.16 KB
1.jpg

Attachment: 104.88 KB
2.jpg

Wow....that is BOLD, my friend. Can't wait to see it finished. Fantastic work!........McM
a bad day in sword making but some lesions learned

Attachment: 77.97 KB
12.jpg

oh, that is tragic, what happened to it?
Wow, that has got to be tough to have happen at that stage in a project. Commiserations.
Heat treatment failure? Or perhaps a welding impurity? That is absolutely frustrating. When such things occur in my workshop,I usually go make a cup of tea and not mess with it for a few days so i can "calm down" and think about my failure objectively. How to make the best of it...and what I can do to avoid such things in the future. It's all in the business....
Isaac H. wrote:
Heat treatment failure? Or perhaps a welding impurity? That is absolutely frustrating. When such things occur in my workshop,I usually go make a cup of tea and not mess with it for a few days so i can "calm down" and think about my failure objectively. How to make the best of it...and what I can do to avoid such things in the future. It's all in the business....

Nice words and yes it was a bit of both trying to straighten when not tempered enough that's the main reason it broke but there was also one lamination that failed at a few points down the blade after the heat treat my metal choice was not the best so with some lessens learnt its time to start again and with some improvements I hope.
are you planning on perhaps repurposing the remaining pieces for one use or another?
Awww...Daaaaammit! Well, I bet the remaining point end will make one wicked-ass dagger. Have a smile... :D .....It ain't all bad! Keep us informed!..........McM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: